Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlight Scratchs Can't Remove
So my 2000 ZX3 has scratchs on the headlights.
I tried many applications of mothers plastic lens polish, then a rubbing compound and lastly asked a body shop to take a polisher to it while the tailgate was getting repaired.

Scratchs are still there and they look old and tired.

Time to buy new ones.
What whould be my best bet to get AFFORDABLE, quality (no leaking), lens?
I would love to move the turn signals into the lights (ie UK style) if possible.
Looking at ebay there are endless choices but quality seems to been an issue.

Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
If you are looking for Ebay make sure its OEM that is being sold on ebay. I'm sure you can find a god one if you look around.

I'm sure some guys here have some used OEM NA style that migth sell. I have a pair of OEM NA, but i'm keeping them becuase i wil take out my HID's once i sell the focus and it will be transfered to the new car.

there are couple of NA OEM that are going for 10$, you might want to try them
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Alec Brandon,May 21 2007, 08:21 AM Wrote:So my 2000 ZX3 has scratchs on the headlights.
I tried many applications of mothers plastic lens polish, then a rubbing compound and lastly asked a body shop to take a polisher to it while the tailgate was getting repaired.

Scratchs are still there and they look old and tired.

Time to buy new ones.
What whould be my best bet to get AFFORDABLE, quality (no leaking), lens?
I would love to move the turn signals into the lights (ie UK style) if possible.
Looking at ebay there are endless choices but quality seems to been an issue.
[right][snapback]239098[/snapback][/right]
Until you get your new lights, try Meguair's Plast-X. My headlights were pretty bad, but after trying the plast-x they look almost new. Use terry cloth for both application and polishing. $15.00 at Canadian tire, fifteen minutes. You'll be able to drive around without feeling stupid about the condition of your headlights.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....