Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Strike
For those of you that missed the edge protest.

Here's the link from the Edge site

http://www.edge.ca/morning_show/audio_vide...jor=31155#video

Gotta love the Edge morning guys.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

12 hours a week. Sad. And she has the nuts to call a student who PAYS HER SALARY an uppity cow.

I had a stereotypical OMGWTFBBQ planned for this, but it doesn't seem appropriate. It's just not enough.

She's also complaining about her bills, but then she's there to support her union? Why isn't the union paying her bills she's so worried about?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I wish we had a station in hamilton that would do that. I'd love to confront the teachers at Mohawk. Or why can't hamilton be closer to Toronto then i could go to these protests.

Let them learn! Let them learn!
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Do they realize, or do you guys realize they receive $375 a week in strike pay? That's rediculous.

We get $100 a week if we attend picket duty when called.

What's the point of going back. There has to be some incentive to end the strike quickly for both sides.

Sometimes. Sometimes.
No sense at all.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
So, seriously, what happens if you don't attend?

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 10 2006, 03:48 PM Wrote:So, seriously, what happens if you don't attend?
[right][snapback]174406[/snapback][/right]

They don't get paid.

The incentive to go back should be to help the students. If thats what the strike is all about going back is the best way to improve the educations students are recieving right now.

And from the video clip the woman that only makes 20k a year and only works 12hrs a week, is making 30/hr. They expect me to feel sorry for them?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

Apparently they're striking a few blocks from work at our college's main campus. I might do a drive-by to see how big it is.

ah, yes they do get paid. My co-worker at Ford and a close friend, I called his wife, a teacher at Sheridan, and she gets $375 per week for striking.
It's strike pay paid out by the union.
They get paid. Anyone tells you different they are full of s***e buggers.
And if they don't attend when they are called out they don't get paid.

Can i sign up for picket duty. I'd go hold a sign for 375 a week. And you know they don't work 40hrs a week while on strike. At Mohawk they're only picketing 4 hrs a day. So teachers at mohawk are still making almost 19/hr. Must be nice.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

If it is anything like what we would do, we get $100 a week for 4-6 hours of picket duty.
So yes, they get $375 for 4 hours picket duty.

$93.75 per hour.

Nice

meford4u,Mar 10 2006, 04:12 PM Wrote:If it is anything like what we would do, we get $100 a week for 4-6 hours of picket duty.
So yes, they get $375 for 4 hours picket duty.

$93.75 per hour.

Nice
[right][snapback]174415[/snapback][/right]

Are you telling me that teachers only picket 4 hrs a week or 4 hrs a day 5 days week?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

4 hours a week.

meford4u,Mar 10 2006, 04:40 PM Wrote:4 hours a week.
[right][snapback]174422[/snapback][/right]

Just when i thought i couldn't lose any more respect for teachers. I think my respect for teachers has almost hit rock bottom.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Teachers Strike habmann 11 4,264 03-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Last Post: SangriaRedZX5