Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixing A Cracked Headlight?
Hey,

Someone just recently backedup in the front left of my car which among other things managed to crack my HID headlamp :angry: .

Well I'm just wondering if this can be fixed or if I basically need to buy a new light? It's the cover thats cracked (the glass/plastic whatever it is).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

-Paul
[Image: vipersig.jpg]
pavlako,Jan 30 2006, 06:18 PM Wrote:Hey,

Someone just recently backedup in the front left of my car which among other things managed to crack my HID headlamp  :angry: .

Well I'm just wondering if this can be fixed or if I basically need to buy a new light?  It's the cover thats cracked (the glass/plastic whatever it is).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I tried to search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

-Paul
[right][snapback]167542[/snapback][/right]

are you talking about the MACH HID? Hella aftermarket lights? if it's the MACH lights then I don't see why you couldn't get another cover and replace it it should all be the same size I think. If it's a Hella aftermarket light then you're out of luck and will have to buy a new projector

pics would also help
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Sorry it is the MACH HID's, I'll post some pics up tonite.

If it's the same plastic covers as my stock ones I'll just replace it with those, that would save me a lot of money!
pavlako,Jan 30 2006, 06:58 PM Wrote:Sorry it is the MACH HID's, I'll post some pics up tonite.

If it's the same plastic covers as my stock ones I'll just replace it with those, that would save me a lot of money!
[right][snapback]167548[/snapback][/right]

I've never seen one in person but I don't think they'd be that different and you might get very lucky if it's a direct fit.

Taking off the cover isn't that hard either... just grab your moms/gf/sisters hairdryer, a butter knife/phillips screw driver or anything flat, some wood wedges or even card board.

heat up the glue in small sections starting at the top middle. It doesn't take much to heat the glue up. Once the glue starts warming up put in your flat ended device and start to pry open. It's a lil hard at first but don't worry it'll spread open much like your date after a few tequilla shots. Once you have it spread apart stick in your wooden wedges/cardboard between both halves so they won't seal back up.

Keep working your way to the edges using the same technique and by the time you have the top open the bottom should just loosen up on it's own. Don't force it too much though.

good luck
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I might be wrong, but i'm pretty sure that the Mach's are a glass lense and the stockers are plastic....

you might end up with alot of glare if you swap to a plastic lense
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
the machs are plastic, you can use the plastic lens from the factory halogen headlights, but if u jsut do one side, you will notice the pattern is a bit different where it meets your grille, so i suggest you do BOTH left + right, you might as well.
My other ride is your Mom
btw.. Pavlako, where the hell have u been?
My other ride is your Mom
Well first of all thanks to everyone for the help. I'll take a look at my stockers and see if they match up.

Second, Paolo as you can see by my name, I've been LURKING! haha I check up like once a week but mostly to read up but I know I never post.