Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking It's A Sticky Caliper
First off, hey everyone. 2nd I have a 2000 ZX3 with 67000km. Heres my story. I changed the pads and rotors about 2 months ago. Evertything went fine no strange noise's. 2 days ago I'm geting a tunk kind of sound when I'm lightly on the brake at very low speeds or after braking, I start rolling and their it is, but goes away when I pick up my speed. It seems to me that caliper may be sticking and the rotors hitting the pad to push it out. The car tracks fineeven when I brake their is no pull to a side. Can I grease the calipers some how or what do you do when the piston is worn out too much, take the caliper in and buy new ones? I checked the blots that hold the caliper on and they are fine. I haven't pulled the wheel yet, thats tomorrow or Saturdays job.
Thanks

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 Liquid Grey ZX5 ses (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
2013 F150 crew xlt 4x4 blue flame
There was a TSB for the front suspension when braking or slowing down at low speeds. Can't remember exactly but it did describe a clunking noise from the front..... :huh:

Maybe somebody can post the link....
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I did the TSB for the endlinks on the front swaybar.

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 Liquid Grey ZX5 ses (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
2013 F150 crew xlt 4x4 blue flame
yea i am having the same problem too. when i start my wheels squeak a bit but it goes away when i pick up speed.
Life's good... Hockey's better