Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boost Gauge Hookup
Ok, here's the situation.. I have my boost gauge which has a 1/8" nylon hose that needs to be T'd off a vacuum line. I know which line, I have the T, but how do I connect the T to the 1/8" hard nylon line?

the installation instruction show a 1/8" adapter that attaches to the t fitting, and magically sizes down to the proper size to slip tightly over the nylon hose.

What is this mystical adapter, and where can I get one (quickly)... ?

I would pm the folks that have installed boost gauges (bluetoy, jay, etc), but this might be handy info to share.... and no, I'm not using electrical tape to ghetto fab anything... :P
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

What do you mean by hard nylon line?

When I installed my brothers boost gauge on his GTI 1.8T (I know factory vacuum lines and factory turbo makes things easier), we just spliced into the certain vacuum line, pushed the T adapter into the rubber hose that was supplied with the Autometer gauge, zipped tied the ends onto the rubber hose to hold the T adapter tight, and voila. The zip ties sounds a big ghetto, but its what Autometer recommends, and it'd be impossible to find a clamp that small.

Maybe get new rubber line?
01-yellow-ZX3,Oct 6 2004 Wrote:What do you mean by hard nylon line?

When I installed my brothers boost gauge on his GTI 1.8T (I know factory vacuum lines and factory turbo makes things easier), we just spliced into the certain vacuum line, pushed the T adapter into the rubber hose that was supplied with the Autometer gauge, zipped tied the ends onto the rubber hose to hold the T adapter tight, and voila.  The zip ties sounds a big ghetto, but its what Autometer recommends, and it'd be impossible to find a clamp that small.

Maybe get new rubber line?
the autometer gauge didn't come with a rubber hose, it came with a hard nylon line (mechanical gauge)...no way that line is going to just slip onto the t-fitting.

So I need a rubber line that can come off the t, and fit over the nylon line...and then I go crazy with the zipties (blue for bling)

Weird, my bro's Autometer boost gauge came with rubber hose...
I used a tee in the rubber hose and attached another rubber hose that I slipped the hard line inside. It fit very well and reads accurate. I put a tie wrap around the rubber hose just because...

You can get those small fittings at any heavy truck repair place. The hard part is getting one that will tee the 1/8 line to 2 rubber hose lines.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
thanks for the input so far guys...any idea what the inside diameter of the focus' vacuum line is? the gauge has an extra NPT fitting... 3/8" that goes down to 1/8"..hmmmm

dude!!!! :lol:

just get a small rubber hose, slip on T-fitting, then slip the boost-gauge line into it and your done.....

you make it sound so damn complex.... :lol:
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge Hookup Steeda Boy 3 2,040 04-02-2004, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Chris@Apex