Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp
To cut the story short, the MBRP catback that I ordered was shipped and the exhaust tip was bent. Anyway, I contacted Eric at MBRP and told him the whole problem, he told me he would send me a new exhaust tip (the new designed one) and a piece of pipe to extend the new tip out past my Wings West body kit free of charge. I got it in the mail today, it's very similar to the Magnaflow tip, awesome quality and really heavy, you can tell it's solid.... pics below....

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/S2Steeda/Focus%20Websites/Picture002.jpg'>[Image: Picture002.jpg]

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/S2Steeda/Focus%20Websites/Picture004.jpg'>[Image: Picture004.jpg]
Looks good mang! Glad they took care of you. Did they wait till they received the original one before sending the second?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
No, they told me to just chuck it out. Basically I told them my situation and Eric (awesome customer service) from MBRP shipped me out this new tip, plus I told him I had an 'issue' with the MBRP tip (old one) or the whole catback in general clearing my Wings West kit. Basically the end of the tip ended up being about an inch and a half underneath the kit so the exhaust fumes would eventually discolor the paint. Anyway, he also sent me a 12&quot; piece of pipe, flanged to fit over the 2-1/4&quot; pipe after the muffler shop will cut off the old tip. Basically that will give me enough play to move the tip outwards to clear the kit properly. Extremely happy, should have it mounted on my car tomorrow after work, hopefully.... will post pics sometime soon, don't have a digital camera so it sucks.....
jarrod should do that
yeah my tip is dented too..... :o
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
Looks a lot like the Magnaflow Tip!
MAlby7,Aug 26 2004, 08:13 AM Wrote:Looks a lot like the Magnaflow Tip!
My thoughts exactly.
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
looks nice! *thumbsup* to MBRP!
My other ride is your Mom
Hmmmm, i have that tip on my svt exhaust, but it doesnt say mbrp &lt;_&lt;
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I hope you go to a good exhaust shop that can weld stainless steel.

I would be sad for you if they welded with regular wire and the welds would rust out on you. :(
Jays2000ZX3,Aug 26 2004, 07:14 AM Wrote:I hope you go to a good exhaust shop that can weld stainless steel.

I would be sad for you if they welded with regular wire and the welds would rust out on you. :(
this is Sask. Us farm boys know how to do are sheat.....
Yeah I asked them that, no worries. Got the tip on yesterday, took pics today, will post them up on Monday.