Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatch Release not cooperating
The hatch release on my '00 wagon stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I finally got around to checking it out and now i need help. The release won't work by both remotes or the dash button. All the fuses are good and when i went to check for power at the plug for the release mechanism, i had one pin with battery voltage and nothing else, even when the buttons are pressed. Is it possible the remotes activate the ground? What else should i be checking?
Have you checked all of your fuses? Everything related to the door locks and anything specifically labelled for the hatch?

Sorry man, I JUST got back into a Focus (had two before), and I'm admittedly a little rusty.

Rule of thumb is check all of the fuses that could possibly have anything to do with that, and then check your wire loom going into the hatch to see if you have any broken wires.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I would check the wires running from the body to the hatch. Through the rubber tube if you know what I mean. Good place to start anyways.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I have a few buddies who work at ford and they need to rewire the loom bundle to the hatch regularly. Does your 3rd brake light work and washer nozzle spray still?
If you have power at the latch mechanism, check continuity of the ground. A toony says the ground wire is broken or loose, probably at the loom between body and hatch as others have said.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
My X GF's 2000 Sedan had a problem like that. Her mom kept hitting the dash untill it did work lol.
So I'm not sure about your sitch but I'm a firm believer in smash it untill it works.
But that didn't work on my door handles

Good luck.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

(09-21-2010, 01:12 PM)chromehorse Wrote: The hatch release on my '00 wagon stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I finally got around to checking it out and now i need help. The release won't work by both remotes or the dash button. All the fuses are good and when i went to check for power at the plug for the release mechanism, i had one pin with battery voltage and nothing else, even when the buttons are pressed. Is it possible the remotes activate the ground? What else should i be checking?