Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust
Hey All,

I finally cracked and picked up an exhaust for my fofo. I grabbed Tetra's old exhaust. Despite being worried that it would be too loud (he has a header and it was rather loud on his car) I'm very happy with it! I'm still running the stock mani-cat and flex, this kit has the high flow cat welded in-line so it bolted right up to the two bolt flange on the flex pipe. The other two sections fit in perfect with a couple clamps and everything lined up right away. There is a Magnaflow resonator welded to the cat and the mid section has a Magnaflow muffler (rear section is just the tail pipe).

Overall I'm really impressed with the sound, deep, mellow, and quiet. At idle it's no louder then stock inside the car and right at the tail pipe it's only deeper then stock, no louder. I haven't had it out on the highway yet, but I can't imagine it being loud at cruising speeds.

So if you're hesitating on an exhaust upgrade due to concerns of high volume like I was, check out this kit!!

-George

P.S. I couldn't resist firing the car up with only the mani-cat and flex on it, surprisingly quiet! That cat really makes a huge difference!
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
you should dyno your car this year and see what the gains are B)
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Yes that cat holds a lot back. Wait untill you here my Cossy add on> that suction noise just stepped it up a notch... BAM!
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Really glad you like it George!
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq