Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track Set Up
so im currently working on piecing together a good suspension and handling combination along with other upgrades for the track and im wondering if im missing anything or maybe you have suggestions on something different.

- upper lower and rear FS stress bars
- 28.6mm competition rear sway bar plus hardware kit
- kyb agx shocks/struts with H&R lowering springs (from nikiterZTS)
- Massive omni adapter kit
- control arm bushings (or should i just go tubular as they come with them and its a step up?)
- possibly a 24mm h&r front sway bar

as for brakes im looking for some cross drilled front rotors then either EBC brake bads or hawk HP and when i can, SVT rear brake conversion with upgraded pads.

Now what am i missing?

i already have the 2 of 3 struts bars just not in yet, have the adapter kit, ordering the sway bar and hardware kit sometime this week and the front ill order maybe next month. the shocks struts and springs are all up to when i can get them off nik but thats a for sure on those as for what i want. let me know what you all think
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
if you go with the 28mm rear bar, you would definatly want a front bar.
as for the brake, idk if you need/want cross drilled. and you definatley want a race brake pad.
bushings are good too.

the only thing that is missing is tires, and that will make one of the biggest differences
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale
dont be gettin any sexy looking slotten rotors......get blank brembos

as for springs i have KW not H&R.....but you're gonna love the suspension that you're gonna get of off me......for sure were gonna get her installed before season comes around.....its just im all in work and can't even install my own stuff

definitly start looking at some nice sticky icky tires.......how wide do you wanna go?

if you'll tell me the brands of the tires i'll check how much the local stores will let it go for.....but also give me the whole model, size ect stuff that i need

mmmkey B)
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I heard The kyb agx are bouncy try the Tien and Koni.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

ya i totally forgot tires haha

im looking at possibly azenis rt-615 tires. likely 205 or 215 series on 15 stock wheels. not sure on side wall size, i would have to do a comparison on rolling radius to keep close to stock. seems like for the price, stock wheels which are free are the lightest haha. then at the drag strip i will have slicks and use azenis for autox

and my bad on the springs lol i knew it was a dual letter company, kw h+r w/e

NikiterZTS,Jan 5 2009, 08:16 PM Wrote:dont be gettin any sexy looking slotten rotors......get blank brembos

X2, and get Hawk HP + brake pads with that!

As for the sway bars, if you want to go fast, and have &quot;rotation&quot; u need a big one at the back and a very small one at the front. Of course I suggest you drive on track with the OEM setup first and when you get some experience you go like I said above.
"Tightness isn't how your car looks, it's how hard you drive it."
-Lg, track addict.
So, Jamie ... Does this mean you'll be selling the Prokit? :D
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
Scorcher000,Jan 5 2009, 08:13 PM Wrote:I heard The kyb agx are bouncy try the Tien and Koni.
[right][snapback]279106[/snapback][/right]

Thats what Im rocking and not bouncy at all
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Scourge,Jan 7 2009, 12:08 PM Wrote:So, Jamie ... Does this mean you'll be selling the Prokit?&nbsp; :D
[right][snapback]279209[/snapback][/right]

already have a buyer for it haha. buddy with the same car but wants to go show car while i go fast car

as for the brake pads, i was planning on hawk HP+ but i still have a lot of stuff to look at.

i am going to get the large rear sway bar first as it is next on my buying list and then see how it feels ripping around some on ramps etc. i am planning on having this set up done for early spring which is fairly easy to do money wise and i think i have the time to get it all done as well. brake conversion however will wait until next winter id say