Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alignment Spec's
hey guys,

00' focus zx3 lowered not sure how much but can definitely find out.

need to know what specs i need for alignment. anybody know?
[Image: car5-1.jpg]
bmxfu,Mar 19 2010, 07:54 PM Wrote:hey guys,

[right][snapback]303598[/snapback][/right]
If you're not excessively lowered , the caster and camber should be fine . Toe needs to be 0 . It can be out up to 1/8 , but preferably 0.
Gabriel,Mar 19 2010, 07:07 PM Wrote:

If you're not excessively lowered , the caster and camber should be fine . Toe needs to be 0 . It can be out up to 1/8 , but preferably 0.
[right][snapback]303599[/snapback][/right]

well my problem is that the right wheel is sitting on a severe angle into the wheel well and that's the side the adjustable camber is on. I'm not sure if the caster and camber are fine, I assume it has done it over time and the left wheel is in a bit as well but not as much. ball joints tie rods and control arms are all fine. so it leads me to alignment issues, so i just need to know what to bring the mechanic so he can do the alignment perfect.

thanks.
bmxfu,Mar 19 2010, 09:03 PM Wrote:

well my problem is that the right wheel is sitting on a severe angle into the wheel well and that's the side the adjustable camber is on. I'm not sure if the caster and camber are fine, I assume it has done it over time and the left wheel is in a bit as well but not as much. ball joints tie rods and control arms are all fine. so it leads me to alignment issues, so i just need to know what to bring the mechanic so he can do the alignment perfect.

thanks.
[right][snapback]303600[/snapback][/right]
do you have camber plates on the front ? otherwise the camber is not adjustable from factory
Gabriel,Mar 19 2010, 09:28 PM Wrote:
bmxfu,Mar 19 2010, 09:03 PM Wrote:

thanks.
[right][snapback]303600[/snapback][/right]
do you have camber plates on the front ? otherwise the camber is not adjustable from factory
[right][snapback]303603[/snapback][/right]

yes on the passenger side it is adjustable, i will load pic's tomorrow and you tell me suspension is not my thing.
well , you should have the same set up on both sides . I would either remove the camber plate , or install one on each side . Or maybe take it to a shop( your mechanic ) that will align the front end to have the same angles on both sides . Question is , will you track the car or just use it for street ? Here are some specs for modified suspension http://specfocus.drivenasa.com/setups.htm . Also having only one plate , it could affect the height ( one side higher than other , resulting in different camber )
Gabriel,Mar 20 2010, 09:38 AM Wrote:well  , you should have the same set up on both sides . I would either remove the camber plate , or install one on each side . Or maybe take it to a shop( your mechanic ) that will align the front end to have the same angles on both sides . Question is , will you track the car or just use it for street ? Here are some specs for modified suspension http://specfocus.drivenasa.com/setups.htm . Also having only one plate , it could affect the height ( one side higher than other , resulting in different camber )
[right][snapback]303606[/snapback][/right]

x2!! Camber plate on one side only = really not good.

FWIW - with my Eibach Pro-kit on the '07 wagon I had nothing but problems with the cheapo camber plates ... somehow they changed the angle at which the strut met the strut bearing, and within a few thou km the bearings had failed.

Ironically - after we took them out and re-did the alignment, it stayed just within factory specs without them - granted the Pro-kit is a drop of just 1.5".

If ever I need camber plates again, I'm going to bite the bullet and get the good and very expensive ones.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
You could always bite the bullet and get the CFM lower adjustable control arms. They have 5 deg of camber play. I love mine. :D
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I was about to put my unamused smiley face for that one side camber plate :blink: :blink: :blink:
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike

It is strange why would anyone keep just one camber plate on . That's got to be new school . :rolleyes: I guess bmxfu just bought the car like that .
bmxfu
For whatever reason.....Camber you're doing it wrong
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_libra...heel_travel.JPG

2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Gabriel,Mar 20 2010, 08:38 AM Wrote:well  , you should have the same set up on both sides . I would either remove the camber plate , or install one on each side . Or maybe take it to a shop( your mechanic ) that will align the front end to have the same angles on both sides . Question is , will you track the car or just use it for street ? Here are some specs for modified suspension http://specfocus.drivenasa.com/setups.htm . Also having only one plate , it could affect the height ( one side higher than other , resulting in different camber )
[right][snapback]303606[/snapback][/right]

I rarely track the car, so i need something that applies for everyday driving. Im going to take it to my alignment guy on Monday so what would you recommend for toe just stick with 0 or go 1/8. pro's/con's? i think the caster/camber should be fine.