Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Focus S - Would Like To Add Cruise Control
Hey all,

I have a 2009 focus s, basic as basic gets. I would like to add cruise control, and in doing a search on the web I came across this on Focus Fanatics;

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showt...p?t=166481

basically, since the 2008 and up had drive-by-wire, everything is there for cruise. All thats needed is a steering wheel with the cruise buttons, and the program the ECM to enable cruise control.

my question to the masses is has anyone done this here in Canada. If so, which ford dealer did you take it to? I am in the Peterborough area, and the local Ford dealer doesn't think it will work.

thanks,

Mike
I donèt know, that thread seemed to solve your problem and you should look into Formula Ford in Pickering. They would probably be the best bet out there or if you wanted to try a performance shop try DaSilva Racing.
My 2 cents.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

You also might need the loom for the buttons to connect the steering wheel into the system. I personally haven't looked into the system, though.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
thats my problem. It sounds simple, but I cannot convince any dealer in my area to do it.
Since you're in Peterborough, what about trying Polito's in Lindsay?
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
when I got my focus back in 2003, I wanted the same thing and concept ford offered to install it for me, but I declined as they wanted too much to added that plus the tilt.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Nov 12 2009, 07:19 AM Wrote:when I got my focus back in 2003, I wanted the same thing and concept ford offered to install it for me, but I declined as they wanted too much to added that plus the tilt.
[right][snapback]297237[/snapback][/right]

But in your case you were looking at additional P&amp;L owing to wanting the tilt / telescoping steering column, plus needing a different wire loom.

That sort of stuff doesn't come cheap new from Ford lemme tell ya, when it comes to new part sales, if it isn't a Mustang, bend over and grab yer ankles :ph34r:

NefCanuck