Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help With Iat / Spark Plugs.
well since ive put my turbo in have had the check engine light on, the error is for a high air intake temp reading. now im using a 2001 mustang MAF, and they had extrenal IAT, so how do you wire in the stock focus one to make it work,

or do i have to get a mustang IAT, and rewire it.

any help would be appreciated.

and one more thing, any one have the part number for a NGK spark plugs that are one step colder, or some brand that i can pick up in Canadian tire.
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
1 step colder...

Motorcraft azfs22c, mine are gapped to .040.

Theyre dirt cheap form ford, think theyre like $3-4 each.

IAT, no clue...pro-m integrates it in the hosuing im pretty sure...
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
The IAT in the FOCUS is PIN 1 and PIN 6, you'll notice that these two pins don't plug into the Mustang MAF.

If you did things the cheap way on your kit you possibly bought a BOMZ intake for the intake tube. This would be great, you can then just drop your stock MAF into this hole and wire up pin 1 and pin 6. Then your IAT will be fine. Else you will need to buy a mustang IAT and wire it up. It does matter how you wire it up I can look, but the easiest would be using the stock MAF.
could you look up how to wire a mustang iat up, i found a mustang iat for 15$.
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
Just pull or splice the two wires from the stock MAF Labeled 1 and 6. Connect these two wires to the new mustang MAF. It doesn't matter which way you wire them up.

kamilk69,Dec 15 2006, 01:53 AM Wrote:Any help would be appreciated.
[right][snapback]220431[/snapback][/right]

Read this article this should answer some of your questions.

Clic here ...
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
I had used a lightning IAT in the form of a relocation kit form CFM..

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

hardk0re,Dec 15 2006, 01:23 PM Wrote:The IAT in the FOCUS is PIN 1 and PIN 6, you'll notice that these two pins don't plug into the Mustang MAF.

If you did things the cheap way on your kit you possibly bought a BOMZ intake for the intake tube.  This would be great, you can then just drop your stock MAF into this hole and wire up pin 1 and pin 6.  Then your IAT will be fine.  Else you will need to buy a mustang IAT and wire it up.  It does matter how you wire it up I can look, but the easiest would be using the stock MAF.
[right][snapback]220487[/snapback][/right]

Did you just say buying something from Bomz is great? that might be a first....
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
yes, buying a bombz intake pipe is great for charge piping on a diy turbo job.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick Spark Plugs! Scourge 12 4,739 08-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Focus man. Focus.
  E3 Spark Plugs GFXjamie 5 2,391 11-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Last Post: GFXjamie
  Spark Plugs eSVeeTy 11 3,567 02-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Mason
  Spark Plugs MAlby7 27 8,498 09-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Mike
  Duratec: Quality Spark Plugs For Everyday Driving Peterbilt 8 2,568 08-27-2006, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Mason