Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Deal On E-dead (dynamat)

.60 / SQ.FT.[Image: a1.gif]
That's so sweet, I'll line my new office with it. :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Thats the stuff i gave you anthony... its good, but theyre releasing a better line for 1.00sqft.. and they have their thicker stuff for 1.60/ft

05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
if you want stuff that will fall off in a year, get eDead.
If it was installed properly it won't fall off. I read through the entire topic on the car audio Forum that started that rediculous rumor. Of course a guy that had just spent 4 times as much on Dynamat said he had used Edead and it fell off, thus justifying his purchase. In the years since they released Edead I have yet to hear a complaint about thier product supported with facts (unless we're talking about thier customer service problems back in the day... good lord the horror). Always something a guy read somewhere or heard from a buddy.

Did you know Foci rear wheel assemblies just fall off for no reason? Did you know if you hit a bump hard the rear springs can fall out? Did you know there is a monster in a lake in Scotland?
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
DevilDriver,May 25 2006, 02:53 PM Wrote:if you want stuff that will fall off in a year, get eDead.
[right][snapback]189490[/snapback][/right]

I warm the tar up with a heat gun before applying...It's not coming off.
ANTHONYD,May 29 2006, 09:10 AM Wrote:
DevilDriver,May 25 2006, 02:53 PM Wrote:if you want stuff that will fall off in a year, get eDead.

[right][snapback]190124[/snapback][/right]

you are nuts..!

everything you do is overboard!!!..

:lol:
microbunny,May 29 2006, 06:00 PM Wrote:

you are nuts..!

[right][snapback]190265[/snapback][/right]

Pfft... I did that too when i was installing my e-dead

But it was outside and in february.... :lol:
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,May 29 2006, 06:21 PM Wrote:
microbunny,May 29 2006, 06:00 PM Wrote:

you are nuts..!

[right][snapback]190265[/snapback][/right]

Pfft... I did that too when i was installing my e-dead

But it was outside and in february.... :lol:
[right][snapback]190268[/snapback][/right]

you are crazy already

LOL..... your all crazy....

I'm definitely going to have to line my trunk when I get mine done!!

So if it is cheaper, and works, but I have to heat it before applying then I will do it!!!

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
Actually, adding a little heat to all of this stuff is benificial when applying. It will make sure the tar sticks really well. I'd do it even if it was Dynamat.
what do u guys know about that stuff called b-quiet!

is it anygood?

b-quiet web page
eDeadv1 is known to fall off; it is not just one person that this has happened to. Ben Milne has even acknowledged this. and why anyone would want to get an asphalt based mat is beyond my comprehension.

personally, i would recommend RaamMat BXT60 or SecondSkin Damplifier (or Damplifier Pro).
DevilDriver,May 31 2006, 08:10 PM Wrote:eDeadv1 is known to fall off; it is not just one person that this has happened to.  Ben Milne has even acknowledged this.  and why anyone would want to get an asphalt based mat is beyond my comprehension.

personally, i would recommend RaamMat BXT60 or SecondSkin Damplifier (or Damplifier Pro).
[right][snapback]190757[/snapback][/right]

I used edead underneath my trunk liner and unser my trunk dash. What's the big deal if the tar is asphalt based? Just wondering? :huh:
ANTHONYD,Jun 1 2006, 05:44 AM Wrote:
DevilDriver,May 31 2006, 08:10 PM Wrote:eDeadv1 is known to fall off; it is not just one person that this has happened to.  Ben Milne has even acknowledged this.  and why anyone would want to get an asphalt based mat is beyond my comprehension.

[right][snapback]190757[/snapback][/right]

I used edead underneath my trunk liner and unser my trunk dash. What's the big deal if the tar is asphalt based? Just wondering? :huh:
[right][snapback]190844[/snapback][/right]
adhesion is worse, smell is worse, actual deadening properties are worse.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com
I coated the rear of my license plate with it (well, Dynamat anyways)... massive reduction on my worst source of rattles.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ANTHONYD,May 30 2006, 09:12 AM Wrote:Actually, adding a little heat to all of this stuff is benificial when applying. It will make sure the tar sticks really well. I'd do it even if it was Dynamat.
[right][snapback]190393[/snapback][/right]

Actually, i'm pretty sure it's necessary to properly install most deadening sheets. B)
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
That's what I have been meaing to ask, My licence plate rattles like crazy when subs are turned up, what would you all recommend to fix it? What product?
Thanks!
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
jen_deans,Jun 6 2006, 11:24 AM Wrote:That's what I have been meaing to ask, My licence plate rattles like crazy when subs are turned up, what would you all recommend to fix it? What product?
Thanks!
[right][snapback]191624[/snapback][/right]
I use a small blob of silicone under the corners.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
jen_deans,Jun 6 2006, 11:24 AM Wrote:That's what I have been meaing to ask, My licence plate rattles like crazy when subs are turned up, what would you all recommend to fix it? What product?
Thanks!
[right][snapback]191624[/snapback][/right]

I never was into the deadening stuff, even though I've done car audio for quite some time. I got some Dynamat off my old neighbour, and we heated it up via a good old hair dryer and applied it to the rear of my rear plate and Oscar's rear license plate. For what we had in rattling, most went away.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.