Diy Front Grill (56k Make Some Nachos)
FIRST YOU NEED TOOLS

[Image: Picture022.jpg]
[Image: Picture023.jpg]

then you need a project...

[Image: Picture018.jpg]
[Image: Picture021.jpg]
[Image: Picture020.jpg]

Then you gotta pretend to know what your doing....(gotta impress the little one)

[Image: Picture027.jpg]

Center Grill gone....(looks like s*** right now)

[Image: Picture029.jpg]

A little dremel sanding...

[Image: Picture030.jpg]
[Image: Picture031.jpg]

BEFORE:

AFTER

[Image: Picture032.jpg]

"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Aug 8 2006, 12:32 AM Wrote:Then you gotta pretend to know what your doing....(gotta impress the little one)

[right][snapback]201214[/snapback][/right]

I don't think the little one is looking at the shiny grill. Let me make one suggestion, a hat. :P j/k

Still, very nice mod tho. SVTrodg had done this too and it looks like a sweet mod.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
^^^^^^^^ SHUT UP...I KNOW ABOUT THE BALD SPOT.....

LOL.....its all good....but SHUT UP........
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
hair club for men is your friend. :D
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Now paint the surround and the inside of your headlights black to make the new grille pop :)
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
looks good slim!

I approve :P
Look's clean Slim. Good Job.
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
Nice work man. You've got a decent amount of patience for that type of work.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Not bad, but I'm not really a big fan of gutter guard grills since you can see through them and that big hood latch thing is right there. It's a million times better than when people just stick the mesh overtop of their old grill though..
For a DIY job I think the end result was really good. *Thumbs up*
SVT ZX3,Aug 8 2006, 10:02 AM Wrote:For a DIY job I think the end result was really good. *Thumbs up*
[right][snapback]201258[/snapback][/right]

Nice job........so I can mail you the parts and you send me back the finished product. :D
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
that looks mint. I really liek the turn out of your car. Just clean
Home depot gutter guard has a nicer mesh design, cheaper, and will last longer than the reactive stuff.

Just an FYI. ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Quick question... are you a big fan of Eminem? :)

Looks good, I might have to try this out some day too....
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 8 2006, 01:14 AM Wrote:I don't think the little one is looking at the shiny grill.  Let me make one suggestion, a hat. :P j/k[right][snapback]201215[/snapback][/right]
Actually, I'd suggest eye protection, at least for the little guy. Dremel+plastic=blindness....

Nice mod though. :)
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
So how did you get the mesh to stay in? Glue?
^^^

Nope i just cut the mesh a little bit bigger than the grill part, and actually squeezed it in between the frame and the bezel....if that makes sense
Mods so far:
Good work, but i personally find that it cheapens the look of the car.
Slimsride,Aug 10 2006, 09:49 PM Wrote:^^^

Nope i just cut the mesh a little bit bigger than the grill part, and actually squeezed it in between the frame and the bezel....if that makes sense
[right][snapback]201904[/snapback][/right]

ahhhh i see. ive got an 03 so it wont be the same but that looks sweet. nice job
PIGEON1,Aug 8 2006, 09:36 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Aug 8 2006, 10:02 AM Wrote:For a DIY job I think the end result was really good. *Thumbs up*
[right][snapback]201258[/snapback][/right]

Nice job........so I can mail you the parts and you send me back the finished product. :D
[right][snapback]201267[/snapback][/right]

SURE...and a great deal too 1000 bucks just for you

bwhahahhahaha
Mods so far:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Me A New Front Grill Please drunkinmonkey 14 3,485 12-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Last Post: 2001 ZTS
  New Front Grill Flofocus 8 2,066 05-22-2004, 04:09 AM
Last Post: Flofocus