Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Better?
if it's done before May, you can put up or shutup. :P
Zx3tuning event weekend here in BC, you and test it against some of the best in the west in 3 catagories; drag, dyno and AutoX.

we'lln see if your setup can blow anything out of the water besides your next engine! ;)
for all those saying sc is more responsive than turbo,

"If it has turbo lag, you ain't driving it right!" ----Carol Shelby

yea my turbo kit was deigned in a garage over two weeks, by me, and an annoying polish father telling me "that isnt going to work"
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
Quote:oh and it was Cosworth Technologies that helped design the PW kit.

thats great!! mine was designed in 36 hours....straight...in a cold ass garage with a freind. :P
[right][snapback]212489[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :D :D

Yeah , you sure beat cosworth there flo...36hrs in a garage vs a billion dollar company that was building race cars before your father was alive. Furthermore a company whos specialty is forced induction 4 cyl engines. ah hahahah good one man.

Best of luck
You'll need it.
There's only one kit out there that might outperform the PW and thats the Precision Turbo kit, and still the two are close.
My decision to go with the powers is mainly because most of the bugs and issues have been worked out.
Now don't get me wrong I am sure I will have my fair share of issues.
My SVTF has 100,000 K on it now my bet is with a resonable tune nothing extreme I will double that before a complete rebuilt will be in order block and Supercharger.
And still hit 240-250 HP.
And that is fine with me.
I really enjoy the looks and the comments of the V8 boys when I toast them into the corners.
Now it will be a little nore even into the straight away's coming off the corner.
I have driven both turbo and SC cars. Sc pull from the second you hit the gas. which for me is a personel preference
My 2 cents
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
kamilk69,Oct 19 2006, 10:45 PM Wrote:for all those saying sc is more responsive than turbo,

"If it has turbo lag, you ain't driving it right!" ----Carol Shelby

yea my turbo kit was deigned in a garage over two weeks, by me, and an annoying polish father telling me "that isnt going to work"
[right][snapback]212655[/snapback][/right]

LOL!
true, it's called down shifting...
but that would also put the SC powered car right back to the meat of the powerband aswell.

with a SC like the PW kit, you can leave it in 5th and not need to shift down to pass a slower car on the highway when at a low rpm, you'd need a very small turbo to do that.

oh well if i put a huge turbo on my car, the powerband might be between 5000-8000rpm, i guess i have to stay above 5K to be drivin' it right.
I use 5th to pass cars all the time. rarely downshift to 4th, power is always there.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
i need boost :(

xios here i come B)
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
i dont know, i have a t3 60trim, and it hits 6psi at 2300rpm, its .60 .48, but the exhast wheel is a larger size one from the mercedes turbo, which makes it spool up lighting quick
Quote:AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :D :D

Yeah , you sure beat cosworth there flo...36hrs in a garage vs a billion dollar company that was building race cars before your father was alive. Furthermore a company whos specialty is forced induction 4 cyl engines.  ah hahahah good one man.

Best of luck
You'll need it.
There's only one kit out there that might outperform the PW and thats the Precision Turbo kit, and still the two are close.
[right][snapback]212841[/snapback][/right]

Wow, :blink: , Where did I say I beat cosworth??, All Im saying is the kit I have is not bad for something we made in less than two days in a cold garage, thats all. I'd love to see what you can do in 36 hours, on your back...lying on a cold floor, with a MIG and limited bends. really....I wanna see.

Give us millions of dallars and a nice facility to do R&D, we could make somthing pretty sweet. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll be switching turbos this year and chaging some thiings...stay tuned, I will have better #'s.

And Keep hating, makes it better when I turn out right. :D
Vortech ex-owner here...

the difference between the vortech car and flo's turbo (drove in both) was quite noticeable... the vortech wasn't so ready to spin the tires through 3rd gear in the rain, that's for sure. You definitely feel the torque differences.

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Oct 24 2006, 12:34 PM Wrote:Vortech ex-owner here...

the difference between the vortech car and flo's turbo (drove in both) was quite noticeable...  the vortech wasn't so ready to spin the tires through 3rd gear in the rain, that's for sure.  You definitely feel the torque differences.
[right][snapback]213203[/snapback][/right]

Wouldn't spin the tires in 3rd gear in the rain?
My stock SVT spins the tyres in 4th in the rain
Dry at least I get a chirp.
Can't wait to see what the power works does
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
I could chirp the ties in the rain on the zetec also....well not chirp, but you know what I mean.

He said through 3rd gear, and maybe a little in 4th. :D In the rain, you can go through, 1,2 3, and not move....dry pavement....its not so bad, and the traction has improved greatly with the azeznis and dif.

regardless.....you'll love the extra power, no doubt about it. :)
Sundown,Oct 29 2006, 11:16 AM Wrote:Wouldn't spin the tires in 3rd gear in the rain?
My stock SVT spins the tyres in 4th in the rain
Dry at least I get a chirp.
Can't wait to see what the power works does
[right][snapback]213765[/snapback][/right]

well, I can't comment on the tires he had at the time but it was one of those things, where we'd pull onto the DVP, he'd go to pass someone, drop into 3rd, and the tires just spun, the car didn't readily accelerate in the rain.

it's a good indication of the torque differences between cars. He had a helluva a lot more torque than I did earlier on in the power range. I could chirp the tires on the zetec into 3rd gear as well.. just rev the engine up nice and high, shift, drop the clutch before while the engine was still spinning down. *chirp!*

just means the car had a heavy flywheel.

in flo's case, he shifted, no chirp or squeek, then stomped on the go pedal, and the wheels just spun. He dropped the hammer, but didn't have any advance trac.. so the car didn't really go...

I'm going for a procharger sc my self, I want top end. But a turbo is a good pick. I wander if I could get a precision turbo kit on top of the procharger; the turbo would take care of the low end and the supercarger would take care of the top end. This isn't to different from the twin turbo system on a skyline. One big turbo for top end and a small turbo for low end!

I got N2O, I got my spooler, but it would be cool and mad at the same time.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
euro,Nov 6 2006, 05:21 PM Wrote:I'm going for a procharger sc my self, I want top end. But a turbo is a good pick. I wander if I could get a precision turbo kit on top of the procharger; the turbo would take care of the low end and the supercarger would take care of the top end. This isn't to different from the twin turbo system on a skyline. One big turbo for top end and a small turbo for low end!

[right][snapback]214824[/snapback][/right]

it would be a nightmare to tune.
euro,Nov 6 2006, 05:21 PM Wrote:I'm going for a procharger sc my self, I want top end. But a turbo is a good pick. I wander if I could get a precision turbo kit on top of the procharger; the turbo would take care of the low end and the supercarger would take care of the top end. This isn't to different from the twin turbo system on a skyline. One big turbo for top end and a small turbo for low end!

Surely you'd want it the other way round ?
Focus ST170, Powerworks Big Boost SC kit, gasflowed ported and polished cylinder head, Piper exhaust cam vernier pulley, Hayward & Scott custom exhaust, RT Sports CAT, Omex 710 engine management, Magnecor KV-85 HT leads, Fidanza aluminium flywheel, Clutchmasters Stage IV clutch, Black Diamond front brake discs, Ferodo DS2500 front brake pads, EGR bodykit and spoiler, Cervinis Mach 5 bonnet, Defi gauges, Steeda Tri-Ax short shifter.
To come.....Staenz conn rods, JE custom pistons, Aquamist, Mocal oil cooler, KW Variant II coilovers, H&R anti-roll bars, Hughes Eng rear strut brace, uprated oil pump, LCR Camber plates, Rear camber bolts, Ferriday exhaust gasket, wheels.
Unless you were going for monster horsepower, twin charging would be a waste..

just start with a turbo, and build up on it until the lag hurts your feelings.. I figure you'd be well above 300HP before you'd even want to consider twin charging. Below that, you're just wasting money...

Go with a supercharger for a daily driver.You are always breaking stuff with a turbo B)
Ill chime in quickly

ease of install: turbo.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
euro,Nov 6 2006, 11:21 AM Wrote:I'm going for a procharger sc my self, I want top end. But a turbo is a good pick. I wander if I could get a precision turbo kit on top of the procharger; the turbo would take care of the low end and the supercarger would take care of the top end. This isn't to different from the twin turbo system on a skyline. One big turbo for top end and a small turbo for low end!

Yanis, with that much work and money you may as well go V-8 conversion. Or, considering the freak factor of twin-charging, just convert to RWD so you can hook up. I'll help you do it!!!!!!