Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh Oh~wheel Stud Broken..
recieved new lug nuts yesterday, black and very light..

when removing wheel locks, there was good portion of key slot left on wheel key, so i cut it in half and started to remove wheel nuts,everything came out good except the rear one..
now i broke 1 stud out of 4..thank you very much canadian tire..

is it really dangerous to drive only 3 studs??

how hard is it to replace broken stud??
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
konafocuswrc,Oct 6 2007, 09:57 PM Wrote:recieved new lug nuts yesterday, black and very light..

when removing wheel locks, there was good portion of key slot left on wheel key, so i cut it in half and started to remove wheel nuts,everything came out good except the rear one..
now i broke 1 stud out of 4..thank you very much canadian tire..

is it really dangerous to drive only 3 studs??

how hard is it to replace broken stud??
[right][snapback]250312[/snapback][/right]

Its not really hard to replace. Get a hammer and a punch to knock the broken one out. Then hammer a new one in.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
cool~so only place i can get stud is dealer???
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
konafocuswrc,Oct 6 2007, 10:12 PM Wrote:cool~so only place i can get stud is dealer???
[right][snapback]250315[/snapback][/right]

Crappy Trash has them. Pretty much any auto parts store should have them.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
yea this is like the most common issue with the studs mounted in the drums... use a little bit of JB cold weld to hold the stud in tight now that the hole has been stripped
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
hole is not stripped..
stud is broken..

i need to get 30mm socket now..
but where is the nearest location..sigh..
I dunno where to source that socket in your area,,, I would look in a industrial supply store here called checker industrial or car quest usually carries impact large format sockets...
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
it is all fixed now..
was really easy job..
30mm nut off, released ebrake, wiggle brake hub, hammer broken stud couple times, new stud in, blah blah, put all back in, test drive, done..
only took me 30 mins..