Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellow Foglights?
what is the best option for yellow foglights?

1) yellow bulbs
2) keep stock bulbs but get yellow plastic covering
3) is there any kind of stick on film that u can apply on the plastic casing?

Be the change you want to see in this world.
I looked into all that options as well. Cheapest one is to get a spray can and paint the housing. they only problem with that is the fact its permenant.

[Image: IMG_7188.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7189.jpg]

this is with just the spray and i got HID's for headlights. I bought the spray from crappy tire and if you want i can get you the name.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

heard some came with glass fog, if yours is one of them, you cstill can sand it off when you don;t want yellow..

i agree, cheap solution is to spray..
but film works too but if you don't apply well enough, it will fly off.

by the way, i like the color scheme of yours, mo_focus
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I did the foglight bulbs themselves, I got them off e-bay as it was really cheap to get them that waywith out paying huge mark up at some performance shops as they don't carry the standard Focus bulb sizes.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
the film is the best bang for the buck and so easy to install i'll take some pics of the laminx film on my fogs and upload them if i foget just pm me
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Theres the pic of the laminx or you can get it on ebay for way cheaper from viynl x or something like that

[Image: P1000326.jpg]
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
yeah ....i think film is the way to go....i dont want to spray it on cuz i might want it back to clear. This yellow foglight thing is probably just a phase im going through and will pass eventually so i'll look into film. Laminix u said? is ebay the best place to buy em or some other high quality film that won't peel off easily?
Be the change you want to see in this world.
cornflakes,Sep 12 2007, 12:56 AM Wrote:yeah ....i think film is the way to go....i dont want to spray it on cuz i might want it back to clear.  This yellow foglight thing is probably just a phase im going through and will pass eventually so i'll look into film.  Laminix u said? is ebay the best place to buy em or some other high quality film that won't peel off easily?
[right][snapback]248649[/snapback][/right]

Umm if it's just a phase, your going thru then buy the bulbs as it's $20 - $25 shipped, and then you don't have to worry about getting new foglights to replace the ones you put film on.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Sep 12 2007, 02:25 AM Wrote:
cornflakes,Sep 12 2007, 12:56 AM Wrote:yeah ....i think film is the way to go....i dont want to spray it on cuz i might want it back to clear.  This yellow foglight thing is probably just a phase im going through and will pass eventually so i'll look into film.  Laminix u said? is ebay the best place to buy em or some other high quality film that won't peel off easily?

Umm if it's just a phase, your going thru then buy the bulbs as it's $20 - $25 shipped, and then you don't have to worry about getting new foglights to replace the ones you put film on.
[right][snapback]248652[/snapback][/right]

Phil... the film comes off. B)
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Sep 12 2007, 04:23 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Sep 12 2007, 02:25 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]248652[/snapback][/right]

Phil... the film comes off. B)
[right][snapback]248675[/snapback][/right]

yes but it's easier to change a bulb.
it so simple to put on or take off way easier then changing the bulbs

check the link
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Fog-Light-Tint-Cover-Ki...VQQcmdZViewItem

if the link doesn't work serch focus fog light tint
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain