Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memory Foam?
so i'm doing a little project i want a logo to become 3D ...would my best bet be to just cut out my logo ouy in memory foam then re cover it with vinal or fabric.

any suggesions?
2003 Zx3 French Blue
I think that's the way it's done most of the time.. Probably depends on what you're trying to do though; the size and shapes, type of material, etc.
It depends. How Intricate is the logo? If it's not too bad I would do it that way. I used that carpet foam for the sidewalls in my focus. I'll post a pic as soon as I up loaded it. It may be a little tough to cut with straight lines but it's pretty cheap. I got like 2 square yards for a little over $10.

[Image: 34.jpg]
Malby ...what kinda logo are u covering and where ?
2003 Zx3 French Blue
[Image: IMG_6259.jpg]

hopfully u can see that fine? there tape in the way
but its the ford racing logo......

i need some suggestions on this i dont think i can cover it ?

things i'm worries about :

the ford logo has many small holes like the O...and..the d

and the A in Racing

2003 Zx3 French Blue
I'm not doing a logo I'm just covering the walls in my hatch with that stuff. I think it will be very difficult to make that logo. Reason being that if you were to cover it in pleather you would see all kinds of creases where the round parts are. That stuff I showed you may not be the easiest thing to work with, but home depot does carry similar stuff that is actually foam. It's udes for the same purpose as what my material is used for but it was double the price. Might be easier to work with though. Also the stuff I bought is at least a 1/2" thick.
you'll need a lot of contact cement, not sure if thats the right term, but it comes in a sprayable can.
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
_JC_,Jan 21 2005, 05:38 PM Wrote:i need some  suggestions  on this i dont think i can cover it ?

the ford logo has  many small holes  like the O...and..the d

and the A in Racing
[right][snapback]80027[/snapback][/right]

You're going to have to use a lot of adhesive and a really thin material so it will actually get in the small holes. You'll have to find something fairly thin and sort of stretchy so it can get in the indents without making a bunch of creases everywhere.. That's the problem of doing a complicated logo.
guilty,Jan 22 2005, 04:55 PM Wrote:
_JC_,Jan 21 2005, 05:38 PM Wrote:i need some  suggestions  on this i dont think i can cover it ?

the ford logo has  many small holes  like the O...and..the d

and the A in Racing
[right][snapback]80027[/snapback][/right]

You're going to have to use a lot of adhesive and a really thin material so it will actually get in the small holes. You'll have to find something fairly thin and sort of stretchy so it can get in the indents without making a bunch of creases everywhere.. That's the problem of doing a complicated logo.
[right][snapback]80105[/snapback][/right]

vynil, a heat gun and a little TLC aught to do the trick.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!