Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Suspension Cracked?
Car feel funny the last few days so I took a look at it today, does it looks like cracked to you?

My Webpage
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
Focus Is Art,Mar 31 2009, 02:57 PM Wrote:Car feel funny the last few days so I took a look at it today, does it looks like cracked to you?

My Webpage
[right][snapback]283922[/snapback][/right]

Not sure what we're looking at - but you might want to check and see if it's the same on the other side ...

if you want us to comment on the gap between the two pieces, hard to know if that's normal or not, but in any event, judging from the dirt and rust patterns it looks like it's been that way for a while.

In what way does it feel funny - and do you hear any unusual noises?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Mar 31 2009, 04:08 PM Wrote:
Focus Is Art,Mar 31 2009, 02:57 PM Wrote:Car feel funny the last few days so I took a look at it today, does it looks like cracked to you?

My Webpage
[right][snapback]283922[/snapback][/right]

Not sure what we're looking at - but you might want to check and see if it's the same on the other side ...

if you want us to comment on the gap between the two pieces, hard to know if that's normal or not, but in any event, judging from the dirt and rust patterns it looks like it's been that way for a while.

In what way does it feel funny - and do you hear any unusual noises?
[right][snapback]283929[/snapback][/right]

I was going to say the exact same thing. Take a pic of the other side to compare. Also check the spring to see if that is broken. Or even the upper strut mount. Sway bar end link, etc, etc......
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Yeah I don't see any busted welds or fresh breaks there... Could just be the seem in the steel.

I'd look on the other side too.
Take it to the shop and have the boys throw it on the lift.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Suspension Arm And Prothane Bushings Focus Is Art 2 1,596 06-19-2004, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Focus Is Art