Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brakes-squeek
got a question guys. I just have new pads, shoes and ss braided lines I got from brake gb installed. now my brake squeek on low pedal pressure low speed aplication only, not when firm pedal pressure is applied. It's kinda annoying, but I figure w/ street/track compound it bounds to happen.

so, is Hawk HPS supposed to squeek on low operating temp? like my low speed low pedal pressure application ie like at the mall lot, on rush hour jam, etc

if not I would get the shop that put it in have a look at it.
There is some lubricant that comes with the pads you should have put on. I get the same squeak too, not worried about it.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
looks like all hps pads are noisy..

mine is hps as well and it squeals like a pig..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
patrick23,Apr 27 2010, 02:38 PM Wrote:got a question guys. I just have new pads, shoes and ss braided lines I got from brake gb installed. now my brake squeek on low pedal pressure low speed aplication only, not when firm pedal pressure is applied. It's kinda annoying, but I figure w/ street/track compound it bounds to happen.

so, is Hawk HPS supposed to squeek on low operating temp? like my low speed low pedal pressure application ie like at the mall lot, on rush hour jam, etc

if not I would get the shop that put it in have a look at it.
[right][snapback]305975[/snapback][/right]

I have the same pads with EBC slotted and dimpled rotors and some noise will come from them during light application. FYI, the compound is rated the same @ start-up and operating temp (FF rating) so they have the same COF regardless of temp. Also, the lil pouch of red goop is a type of adhesive that should go on the back of the pads to bond them tight to the caliper.
sonic_mikey,Apr 27 2010, 05:16 PM Wrote:Also, the lil pouch of red goop is a type of adhesive that should go on the back of the pads to bond them tight to the caliper.
[right][snapback]305985[/snapback][/right]
Yes, a lot of people mistake that for lubricant.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Hawk pads? Very Normal for them to squeal. Especially annoying when backing up!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
OK, thanks guys for the infos.
Yupp, even my CSVT has Hawk racing pads and they squeal coming to a stop...like 20km only and lower it squeals..annoying but I learned to deal with it by turning the radio up more lol
Sean- 1998.5 Black/Blue CSVT #5906

i had ebc green with powerslot slotted before and stopping power wasn't good (when i was in san francisco), i had to hit curb to stop..it was only 5 block downhill driving..and lots of brake dust built up..

then had brembo oe pads and brembo oe rotors, liked the stopping power..

then i am now have hawk hp+ with brembo oe rotors and all i hear is annoying squeal and stopping power is okay..

best combo i had so far was brembo oe pads and brembo oe rotors..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
one way to help a squeal is to remove pads and sand down the sharp edges , dealer pads come rounded off cheaper ones do not , just an idea , also bg sells stop squeal seems to work ok
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
stop squeal doesnt work on hawk. ask me how I know... lol
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]