Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter v.s. Body Kits
Having an all-season car with a cracked front fascia, was wondering if anyone has any aftermarket body kit they run in the winter? Was even thinking about going with a rally style just to be different and more practical.
If you are going to get a body kit stay away from fiberglass. That will not make it through any winter.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
F2 kit, will with stand 2X more than the stock kit....so thats one case where fitting it you'll get a tougher car to the elements, bumps and bruises of daily driving.
Just google'd the kit. Looks really good. Damn I'm getting bite by the bug to customize despite only getting the car for basic transportation.
use for basic transportation? you shouldnt have joined this site then! lol
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
i didn't get survived through winter where i lived..
i had h r coilover and it was like 2 in lower and cracked..
but with 1.5 in setup what i have now, i didn;t have any problem..
if you live on major street, shouldn;t be a problem..
but if you live minor-minor street, ppl throw snow to the road and you never know if theres a snow coated rock..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I can say when I had my Xenon body kit on my car year round it acted like a plow in the snow as my car was lowered, but I never got stuck and it didn't get any damages from doing so in the 5 winters it was on the car as it's abs plastic, and of course that was taking my time in doing that through the snow drifts at under 20km/h and not "ramming through" snow banks.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
my car doesnt see winter lol
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
LOL @ Phillip. Plowing. I leave a nice flattened out trail in deep snow. If it is light fluffy snow I get most of it over the hood when I am up north at my parents.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body Kits...cheap! audionut405 8 2,847 01-27-2008, 05:42 AM
Last Post: faster_than_u
  Pics Of Body Kits focuzedn2o 3 1,678 09-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Last Post: focuzedn2o
  Body Kits ZX5focused 22 7,174 12-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Last Post: guilty