Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HID question.
When ordering them do i buy 9003 or h4 bulb size? Also should I buy bi-xenon. (using stock housing)
If you wanna keep your high beams to work too, go for bi-xenon, but not sure how you are going to install it in the stock housings, as I've only seen them installed with a lot of modifications due to projectors installed. For regular 9003 bulbs, I have seen them done before, but the quality of the output didn't impress me, had way too much glaire.
My other ride is your Mom
The stock lamp for your MY focus is a 9003. Like Paolo said, if you want to keep your headlights working like they did from the factory you'll need a bi-xenon lamp to give you low and high beams.

You can put a HID kit into the stock housing. Are your headlights going to be brighter than stock, yes, but you'll need to reaim your headlights so that you don't blind on coming traffic.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

A question about this is I was told from A friend that with fords they use a 22awg wire which over time melts and causes problems as they draw more than stock halogens
i have had mine since last year. I have hids in my fogs(3000k) and 6000k in my headlights. And i have had zero problems.
(10-09-2012, 04:28 AM)Nate9507 Wrote: A question about this is I was told from A friend that with fords they use a 22awg wire which over time melts and causes problems as they draw more than stock halogens

it is always good idea to spend extra $15 for relay harness when installing hid.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
the HID's actually consume less wattage than your standard halogen lamps. standard halogens consume 55 watts per bulb approximately, where the HID's will consume 35 watts on average per bulb. so essentially the stock wiring should handle it, if your going to use your high beams often, and for long periods of time, then yes maybe you should beef up your wiring, cus when high beams are on the low beams on the HID setup are still activated, but on the standard non hid factory wiring once the high beams activate, the low beams become disconnected and vice a versa.
My other ride is your Mom