Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever drove through neighbourhood and got yelled at?
(09-26-2012, 12:58 AM)stupica1 Wrote: Ken, to add onto what you said just above.

I do agree its all about the safety of kids, but you must admit some parents go to far. also, in my neighborhood...the kids deserve to get hit haha. theyre by far the worst behaved kids ever, Waking up to silver spraypaint all over your hood and tiny kid finger prints all through it...yeah kinda sucks. and watching them ram there bikes into the side of vehicles parked on the road cuz its funny...and throwing rocks at cars driving by....and the parents give no care in the world, theres only so much respect you can really give to the little bastards.

I'm not sure I do agree Brandon - I think it is solely up to parents to decide what is "too far" when it comes to the safety of their kids.

I was 47 when we had Vanessa - educated, well-read, world traveler, lots of business experience - I had no clue the depth of feelings a parent has for their kid - and I grew up in a well-adjusted, loving family.

I know parents who have lost children and frankly, I would do anything to avoid being them - including giving my own life or taking someone elses - and I bet your parents still feel that way about you. Being an "asshole" on the street is laughably easy if it means just one chance in a million that it saves me some grief.

As for parenting skills you and I would agree on a lot of thing; I am somewhat old-school when it comes to my expectations of my kids' behaviour - and I think anyone who has met my kids will attest to the fact that not all kids today are undisciplined hooligans.

In any event, should you be so unfortunate as to hit a kid on the street, it will be cold comfort to you if he/she happened to be a little s**t - you will still regret what happened for the rest of your life.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Since when can't parents hit and discipline there kids? They can and do and I know I got a few smacks when I was younger and deserved it.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I definitely see where you're coming from Ken. I myself dont have kids so I really don't know that feeling right, So i'm sure if that day ever does come I will probably be the same way and protect the crap out of my kids too.

Also, yes I would feel horrible ever hitting a kid, even if it was the kids fault. Hell i feel bad hitting squirells (not purposely! and its only happened twice lol).

and yes kids are definitely not punished enough these days. you do something wrong...get sent to your room where you play video games and go online still. I remember getting good punishments when i was young and i turned out normal with respecting other peoples stuff and manners and whatnot.

05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
Those damn squirrels ! Don't know which way to go ! Smile
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
Remember people don't ever swerve for cats,squirrels, dogs ect. Your life is more important.

Swerve for cows, horses though Smile
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
i would swerve for a dog.Also swerve for wild turkeys those things are built like a brick s**t house
(09-26-2012, 12:58 AM)stupica1 Wrote: Ken, to add onto what you said just above.

I do agree its all about the safety of kids, but you must admit some parents go to far. also, in my neighborhood...the kids deserve to get hit haha. theyre by far the worst behaved kids ever, Waking up to silver spraypaint all over your hood and tiny kid finger prints all through it...yeah kinda sucks. and watching them ram there bikes into the side of vehicles parked on the road cuz its funny...and throwing rocks at cars driving by....and the parents give no care in the world, theres only so much respect you can really give to the little bastards.

Go talk to their parents. tell them you would like them to pay for the damage on your vehicle. No kid "deserves" top be run over, they are learning the behavior somewhere, and if no one is disciplining them, then how do they know what they are doing is wrong? If the neighborhood kids were pulling that s**t on my street, I'd be knocking on some doors for sure. With video and photo evidence, that way if they turn around and deny it because they think their kid is an angel, i can show them how wrong they are right away.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]