Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring For Euro Spec Taillights
I found these lights and I really like them. Problem is that they are Euro Spec hence the wiring is different. Exactly what would i have to do to their wiring to make them plug and play with the stock focus wiring?

[Image: 9e_12_sb.JPG]
nothing really. jarro has the stock euro spec tails and he just wired them up regular.
ZX3TUNR,Mar 22 2005, 11:48 PM Wrote:nothing really. jarro has the stock euro spec tails and he just wired them up regular.
[right][snapback]95749[/snapback][/right]

How can that be the case if the reverse lamps are in the bumper in Europe?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
reverse lights are over rated and stupid

jarrods reverse lights are yellow as are mine till i one day hook up the lights in the bumper.
ZX3TUNR,Mar 22 2005, 07:21 PM Wrote:reverse lights are over rated and stupid
[right][snapback]95757[/snapback][/right]

:rolleyes:

You must be buddies with that other guy with no front turn signals?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
i got front turn signals..
If those tails can be fitted with a dual filament bulb for the red lense and a clear bulb for the clear lense, you could just wire them up the way your stock tails are. Only thing is you'll have to cut and splice to get the bulb harnesses hooked up (stock north american bulb harness' probably wont fit into those lights).
guilty is correct, if they only have single filament for the bulb behind the red lens, it may be difficult to wire up. Now.. I havent messed arround with the tail light wire configuration, but I have an idea to re-use the existing wire harness and bulbs that come on the north american tail lights, just unplug the wire & bulbs only, and re-fit them to the european tail lights. you might have to do some small modifications like making the hole where the bulb goes bigger or smaller, but it should fit and work like your stock North American tails. if you want to re-locate stuff like your reverse lamps into your bumper, etc.. now thats a totally different story and I cant help you with that just yet. but try my suggestion and see if it works. That way, there is NO splicing or Cutting of any wires.
My other ride is your Mom
Oh by the way here's a shot of the rear of the lights:

[Image: e6_12_sb.JPG]
Malby, thanx for the pic of the rear, ny looking at those pics, it just might work.
i have the same lights, but in chrome...........wishin' i got the black ones :angry:

you have to buy new bulb sockets and they should be able to be spliced in to work North American style.

I haven't done mine yet, but i got the bulb sockets from european-parts.net
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Mar 23 2005, 08:25 AM Wrote:i have the same lights, but in chrome...........wishin' i got the black ones :angry:

you have to buy new bulb sockets and they should be able to be spliced in to work North American style.

I haven't done mine yet, but i got the bulb sockets from european-parts.net
[right][snapback]95844[/snapback][/right]

Sl8rzx3, why do you have to buy new bulb sockets? did you try the US spec sockets first and for most to see if they fit? the euro sockets only have single filament brake lights? while the north american uses Dual? wouldnt hacking the sockets/housing work? or trying the sockets from the grille bulbs to see if they work as well? could possibly work/
Here's what i have...........

Hope this helps
NA vs. european sockets
[Image: 100_0253.jpg]
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro Spec Tail Lights drunkinmonkey 17 6,521 09-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Last Post: faster_than_u
  Euro Hella Wiring.... Chromey 15 3,529 01-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Chromey
  Tyc Euro Taillights cornflakes 11 3,203 10-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch