Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tri's Sgi Slavage.... U Can Laugh
I don't know, i have to take the car to a ford speciality shop, since i need have the computer checked out because the engine light and the gas cap light are on. and the engine is fine and the gas cap is on nice a tight.? go figure.

Also the back doors are going to be a bitch to fix, but i plan to do all the body work myself. since I don't feel like paying 500$+ for labour fee's i can do my self. also I might be able to snag my self a rear bumper soon.
Save points are for quiters
You need to replace foglights to pass the inspection? That shouldnt be, since they are optional equipment.. if the headlight housings are damaged they need to be replaced, but foglights shouldnt need to work.

And the triangle button above the stereo is the hazard lights button, along with the LED that flashes for theft deterant or whatever it does.
mm so that's wat the triangle's for. ok thanks. Yea the SGI sheet said i need fog lights... what the heck?

and my dad's friend just told me i can't fiber glass my front bumper because it's made with appoxie and fiber glass won't stick/hold to it. so i have to take to body shop to have done, and to buy a new one would be dumb since its only a small crack. what's the point!

Guilty your from regina right ? does regina have any good wrecking yards i could find some parts for my focus ? i need a passenger side view mirror and a back bumper.
Yeah I'm from Regina. I'm not sure where you'd look for parts though, SGI salvage usually has the newer stuff.. a lot of the other yards dont have any newer cars in them.

And the OEM bumpers are made of urethane so they cant really be repaired with fiberglass. You could probably pick up some used bumpers fairly cheap, or maybe you could consider going aftermarket if you're going to have to replace them anyway.
hmm thanks! i think I might just go with after market bumper.

also u were saying before that u had spare nobs for mirrors? do u happen to have a full mirror unit? like a whole passenger mirror ?

Tri_kento,Aug 6 2005, 06:49 PM Wrote:also u were saying before that u had spare nobs for mirrors? do u happen to have a full mirror unit? like a whole passenger mirror ?
[right][snapback]128755[/snapback][/right]

Sorry too late for that bud, I sold my stock mirrors to another member a while ago.. manual mirrors should be pretty cheap especially if you can find them at a wrecker though.
aaa i see. well thanks any way!

I plan to go to Regina in the week comeing,(in my mom's 2001 sunfire gt) and i might take alook at the SGI. i would really like to find a replacment lower grill and rear bumper.

Also i thought up a plan, what if i took of the old bumper and did a complete fiber glass layer over the old bumper and then i could pull the fiber glass shell from the old bumper and bolt that on? well i'd have to sand paper and junk and put primer on it but. u know, u think that could work?
Ok small update..(once again forgive the double post... just i thought u guys would like to know the status)

So here's where am at now. I got the car back from auto shop, since well they were doing an "estimate" and it was takeing to long. so we drove it home... and the retards dirty the rug up,,, right after i vaced and everything...

So now it's at my dad's friends. since he's going to be doing most of the work. since my dad doesn't think a 17 year "kid" is able to put in a new tail light or take out the "fog lights..." i never knew mine had fog lights.. and now i have to get em replaced! wat the FFuck! yea.

so when i get my car back i'll make sure to take tons of pictures and post em for u guys, and sorry for double posting once again...

"ok i have the list so am going to type all that was in the "REMARKS" box

-Front bumper loose-rf fender well cracked-lf fender well missing& fan belt shroud - missing air dam deflector, both front inner tie rods-fog lamp& Brackets missing,need rear brake shoes-RE-brake hanging with wire and lre-brake cable hanging,- rear bumper smashed; rf side marker- Fuel cap & engine light on- left rear shock, -Rh mirrior housing cracked - front windshield cracked-lh door won't open from inside or out, - needs BR tire- front seat belts fraying

" and there u have it
Have fun wiht that!!!
you coulda bought Focis8nt's car for about hwat its gonna cost you to fix all of that
any timeline when its gonna be done???
next spring?? :huh:
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
well in all truth it isn't going to cost that much, since am doing alot of the work my self. i think when we added it up it was around 1500$, so in total like 3800$canadian.... that's not bad for 2001 focus. and i could proubly sell it for ooo around 5-6 grand after. tho i would rather keep it. oh and we plan to finsh most of the body work this month and we are doing the all the safety crap next month.. so oh around start of winter or end of fall we will be done and rolling.

most of the stuff ain't really that big of a deal. just little dinky things.
boost that thing and you will be faster then majority of us on here ;)
I'd rather just get this thing to be certified before i worry about upgrades... Be real nice if i could get my dad on track with this. he seems to be dragging his feet!!!. but neh.
~UPDATE~(aug 17th):
Ok for my most recent update I have few "GOOD" bits of news.

-first off I've taken out the broken side mirror, which i might add was confusing for the first 2 mins....

-Then i got the back bumper cover off and found i had half a garden back there, so i cleaned it all off and found this big piece of form... which i took off and cleaned everything again.

-So that all leads up to today, and for today I ordered my new parts in!, 1 new manuel side mirror, 1 new back tail light!, 2 new fog lights :fluffy: which will be fun. oh and the new bumper. Well with all that i should be ever so busy, oh and parts all together are about 500$with shipping.... i hate shipping,(i thought they said free of. but that's only if it's under a size .. so fack!)

So anyhow, if you guys want i can post u the pics while and after of the new parts?...
umm hopefully you ordered the correct tail light.

Some 2001 models are 2 stage lights on the sedans, and others are 3 stage.

2 stage - brake light and signel are the same ( 2 bulbs )
3 stage - signel is independant of the brake light ( 3 bulbs )
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
No worry we made sure everthing would fit/work right. i just need to order anew form thing for the back bumper. mine is half melted and mushed. hehe
Buying that thing and thinking you're going to "fix it yourself" was dam stupid.

good luck, shoulda bought a running car.
It does run?. just need to fix a few things, and i have most of my parts already,

well i got my new bumper cover, (it's sitting in my room) I got my new tail light, and my other fog light came in to! so yea... oh and i got my new side view mirror.

Things are finally starting to look good. I think today me and my dad are takeing the focus to the auto body shop to have the dent fixed, since am not allowed to....... my dad was being a grump about it. but i spos wat ever. am getting a 2nd job soon so i can start paying off my car alot faster.

All together it should cost about 4000$. and i plan to keep the car for a long... long long time. It has quite a few scratchs and the back bumper won't match in color .. which will great so no one will want to steal mine.
Well car is back from the body shop..... it turns out that if they were to repair it. they would have to buy a whole new back panel. and well, that would cost 1200$ for sure . then with labor and s**t it would round out to 4000$. which am not willing to pay out.

But He recommended a guy in yorkton that could do what we needed to have done for cheap. which is all am looking for. i plan to get this fixed . then have it safetied then am going to sell it. and then maybe buy a 1995-7 mustang . since this car is making me way to angry as is.
That's why it was salvage.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Well what one man's salvage is anothers treasure.... and i was stupid to pay for it :P. but neh, i'll sell the car pretty fast if i can get a few spots touched up. I have a good feeling about this.