Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Chip On Windshield
I was on the 400 a few months ago and a truck kicked up this stone that chipped my front windshield. It's a small chip but definitely noticeable and if you run your finger over it you can feel the depth of it.

How can I get this repaired? Does this require me to have the WHOLE windshield replaced ($$$) or can certain places just repair the tiny area that is chipped.

I've left it alone for the past few months cuz it's not too serious but i don't want to wait much longer in case.

Be the change you want to see in this world.
If it's just a chip you should be able to get it repaired.. just as long as it hasnt cracked.

I got a chip about a centimeter away from the edge of the passenger window and immediately it cracked, so now I've got a nasty crack running halfway across the windshield until I feel like replacing it.
Pretty much if you get a crack you should not wait very long, a few days at most. To ensure that the crack filler crap gets into there and seats good so you don't see it.

You can still fix it but it will be noticable.

Oh, and don't go to canadian tire and let those idiots do it, go to some reputable place that has a machine to force the stuff into the crack. (speedy)
Visit Apple Auto Glass.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
go to Crappy tire, or Wal - Mart to one of their glass places, they do it in less then 20 minutes of they are not busy.

It ranges in price from like $30 - 50 plus taxes.

plus side to doing this in Wal - Mart is you can go in while they do your car, and come out a bit later and it's done.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chip Windshield cornflakes 20 6,626 10-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Last Post: cornflakes