Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gauge Cluster Pod
Well last year around this time I got inspired by a few members here posting that they made gauge pods/filled in the radio surround. Since then I made a ton of these things for guys here and some on FF.

This may inspire someone else now :P

Did these for a member on the site, theres nothing special about the radio surround, its just painted. I'll update this thread when his install is done since he's comming over and we'll install his gauge and the pieces.

[Image: pod10.jpg]
I've seen these in person....They're flawless!
You're way too modest Kev... you've got some serious skills!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i wanna paint my radio surround, but i dont know what steps to use, my radio surround is like brushed aluminum
[img]http://www.focuscanada.net/images/fc_logo_black.gif[img]
I'm not an expert by any strech but this is what I did:

- Wash the part thoroughly using dishsoap.
- Sanded it with 800 grit
- Cleaned the part again
- Prime it and let dry
- Wet Sand with 1000 grit
Now here I used rim paint since I had a bunch left from some rims I was touching up, it worked well suprisingly.
- Painted it and let dry (about 2 hours)
- Clear coated it (3 coats) letting dry slightly between coats.

Maybe with the brushed one you may require more sanding to get it smooth.
Now to get the cigarette lighter out was easy theres two clips on the inside that hold the metal center in, push those out while pressing up on the bottom of the part and it should come loose. Once the center is out the rest comes out easy.