Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 Led's
What i bought

Okay ladies..er AND gentlemen. I just ordered 30 of these bad boys today. Now the question is....

What is the best way to hook them up.

Plan:

Under Seats
In the Vents
Under dash
In the speaker grills...

Now, i WOULD like to set them up so one switch does each area, then another switch to turn them all on at once.

does this sound like alot of work for nuttin', or should i just stick to one switch for all?

thanks in advance
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Were it me, I'd have the car divided into zones - front of cabin, rear of cabin. one switch for each zone.

But you're you. I'd avoid double wiring... it's two times the wiring to check when something s***s itself.

You're going all-out, and I commend you for that man. WAY more than I'd do.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Slimsride,Feb 1 2006, 03:32 AM Wrote:What i bought

Okay ladies..er AND gentlemen.  I just ordered 30 of these bad boys today.  Now the question is....

Plan:

nowhere
nowhere
nowhere
nowhere

Now, i WOULD like to set them up so one switch does each area, then another switch to turn them all on at once.

does this sound like alot of work for nuttin', or should i just stick to one switch for all?

thanks in advance
[right][snapback]167828[/snapback][/right]

[Image: 170px-FireExtinguisherABC.jpg]

I'M KIDDING!!!!!
ANTHONYD,Feb 1 2006, 10:03 AM Wrote:[Image: 170px-FireExtinguisherABC.jpg]
[right][snapback]167854[/snapback][/right]

Totally agree. Why add more electric s*** that may cause a fire?
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I did the LED in the vent thing. I have them wired up to the same switch that kicks on my underdash CCFL's. They are easy to do. If you wanted to have 1 switch to kick on all the LED's and then have other switches for other locations its not really all that much work. Just have the main power coming in to one main switch, then branch off that switch to other switches to control the other areas.

I went another route with mine. I have a relay running off the ACC ON where the moment I turn off my car all my self installed accessories turn off so there is no chance of me accidentally leaving them on and killing the battery. Only downside to this is I can't be cool like the rest of the boys and park my car with my underglow on. On the upside I can start my car without worrying about the bat being dead.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
ANTHONYD,Feb 1 2006, 08:03 AM Wrote:
Slimsride,Feb 1 2006, 03:32 AM Wrote:What i bought

Okay ladies..er AND gentlemen.  I just ordered 30 of these bad boys today.  Now the question is....

Plan:

nowhere
nowhere
nowhere
nowhere

thanks in advance
[right][snapback]167828[/snapback][/right]

[Image: 170px-FireExtinguisherABC.jpg]

I'M KIDDING!!!!!
[right][snapback]167854[/snapback][/right]

FAWKKKKKKKKKKKING FUNNY....thats is hilarious....bwahhahhahahahhah
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
I did the same thing in my car.

It's not too hard, just try fitting under the dash to see what your doin!

In this pic it looks like the vent lights look darker, but its actualy the same.
[Image: 778239_48_full.jpg]
www.VicVodka.com
http://www.thePman.com

[Image: 778239_85.jpg][Image: 778239_48.jpg]