Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Pics Of The House Being Built...
Flofocus,Apr 4 2006, 01:48 PM Wrote:Im sure its the same elsewhere.  Everybody I've talked to that has had a hous ebuilt for them, had to sign something along these lines.

3 days before I take possesion I can hire my own house inspector to come and take a look, but thats about it.  After that, I have to use the new home warranty to claim anything.
[right][snapback]178980[/snapback][/right]

That's bizarre ... not only did my builder (Mattamy) schedule 2 "official" inspections before completion -- #1 - called "framewalk" to check out things before the drywall goes up, and #2 - 1 week prior to possession (I brought my own inspector, and they were cool) ...

they actually encouraged me to report anything I saw that didn't look right -- and frankly I think I saved them quite a few thousands of dollars by mentioning a few things that I saw -- and I visited there almost daily, with their blessing, during the last 3 months of construction.

If you approach it right ... you shouldn't have any trouble whatsoever with visiting the site ... the construction guys are different then the sales and admin guys ... you might actually save the construction guys (and yourself, of course) a few headaches by speaking up.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
1st Pics Of The House Being Built... - ZTWsquared - 04-25-2006, 03:06 AM