Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro Lights (again!) - Euro Experts Pls Look
ZTWsquared,Apr 20 2007, 01:16 PM Wrote:Thanks for the info Philip and the offer ... the wagon never had 3 stage lighting, even in 2000 / 1, so I wonder if a sedan wiring set would work? And if not, then I guess just use the connector.

In terms of the rear fog I was thinking a relay on the front fog circuit and simply running wire to the rear - the Euro switch for Mk 1 won't fit my car.

Frost__2001,Apr 20 2007, 12:54 PM Wrote:I Have the same thing on my sedan tails, I could set the whole thing up for you as I made my own connections from OEM Ford wire female ends that fit into place perfectly as I had to hook up my sedan tails and rear fog lights.

all you need is the wiring loom from a wreaked Sedan with the three stage tail lights, (the reason why you need the three stage light wiring from the sedan is so your not having to go thru your stock wiring to look and split from the signel / brake light / parking light as it takes way too long to look for this, and by using the 3 stage wiring it saves you the trouble in the first place) The 3 stage wiring loom is located in the trunk of the sedans so you need to get it at the plug & cut the one wire to the re-defog at the window, & lastly some shrink tubes from crappy tire or part source.

If you want I could set this all up for you in about 20 minutes a side. and as for the rear fog light, it will take a little longer to wire in, but it will only work if you have the European Headlight switch, but I don't know if they are useable in the 2005-2007 model Focus.

Let me know if you want me to do this for you I'm free till tuesday.
[right][snapback]235639[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]235646[/snapback][/right]

I know the 3 stage set up is not on your wagon or any north american wagon but the wiring loom is iner-changable with all focus models, I did this with a ZX3 already. by going with the sedan rear wiring it saves you all the time figuring out what wire is what, and not having to spend a long time re-wiring, as everything is done already with the 3 stage.

the relay might not be needed, I know when I hooked up the rear fog on my car it was just a matter of plugging in the wire to the plug and then plugging in the headlight switch as it has the extra switch there... the Rear fog is not fused.

[Image: FocusEuropeanHeadlightswitch.jpg]

83a = Rear fog lamps / switched - not fused
83b = Front fog lamps / switched - fused
30 = Power feed for all lamps (e.g. dash, plates, parking lights, interior 'lamp-on' chime) / constant voltage - fused

As for hooking the rear fog up to your front ones it's a good Idea, but it would be annoying to other drivers if you forgot it's hooked up, as both would be on at the same time, unless you got into the habbit of not using your fogs at all unless you hit bad weather.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.

Messages In This Thread
Euro Lights (again!) - Euro Experts Pls Look - Frost__2001 - 04-21-2007, 04:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Those With Euro Grills NikiterZTS 31 7,283 12-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Last Post: NikiterZTS
  Oem Euro Lights, Light Blub(s) List Frost__2001 9 5,004 09-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Last Post: kc focus
  Euro Tail Light Wiring Part Number(hatch) castone 0 1,216 04-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Last Post: castone