Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subie Wrx
The TB will improve your throttle response and it will give you the impression that your power will "hit" earlier. It will make the engine a lot more "twitchy" to drive so that's a trade-off. An acceptable one in my books, but still... be aware.

If you're going with an exhaust of any sort... mandrel-bent is the only way to go. Not too many guys are running the FS exhausts here, but they seem popular down in the States.

The X-Cal will be your biggest booster but only if you tune for 91 octane. You'll likely come close to, if not exceeding a 10% BHP increase over your current level with a good tune from FS.

The only other thing I'd recommend is a Balance Shaft Delete kit, but doing that is a significant amount of work complete with an oil change when you're done :lol: It's along the same lines as a UDP - it frees up power that would normally be wasted turning an accessory. Most who have done the mod, if not all, have said their engine is MUCH more responsive afterwards and willing to rev. This applies only to the 2.3L (your engine), the 2.0L Duratecs don't have one.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Subie Wrx - Canadian ST - 07-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Subie Wrx - NOS2Go4Me - 07-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Subie Wrx - naz - 07-06-2007, 05:46 PM