Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet Jesus And All Things Pure......
Me personally, I built my sound system up myself, didn't have a stereo shop do it for me. Some people would consider it "crazy" but I don't. I have 1 12" competition sub running 600w rms Alpine V12 amp, Alpine DDDrive componenent speakers with a Pioneer deck. It's a custom sub enclosure fiberglassed into the spare tire well, so I'd have my trunk space. The box is fully engineered for sound quality. I don't need to show off or have people hear me from 10 city blocks away.

I'm a dj and I used to make a living as a proffesional sound engineer for live sound and recording. I like to listen to my music at a reasonable volume, not screaming loud and I like to have good quality sound. For me, the stock head unit running about 30watts total and $5 paper cone speakers just don't cut it.

My system is built that I can have it cranked up pretty good, windows up, you don't hear the sub pounding away. Yeah, windows open you'll hear it but not like some of these "boom cars" that are around. Recently at a G2G a bunch of the guys who know my stereo coerced me into showing it off a little, one guy had a dB meter. There was a guy with 4 12's with 2000w or something like that, hit a 108 dB, he was the loudest, so I adjust my settings for SPL or SQ, it was still fairly crisp and hit 112dB. With some tuning and tweaking I know I'd hit way more.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like

Messages In This Thread
Sweet Jesus And All Things Pure...... - focusracer - 07-12-2008, 03:44 AM