Poll: Snow Tires this winter?
Yes, I run snow tires every year.
No, Toronto weather dosen't justify the expense.
Maybe, still on the fence.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is running with snows this winter?
General Altimax is par with Barum Polaris 2 in 3rd place for quality $
Semperit Sport Grip is par with ContiWinter Contact TS800 in roughly 2nd for quality $$
Continental Extreme Winter Contact is the top dog $$$$

There are others in between.
And they are all under the Continental Rubber Group and are all a great tire no matter what choice you choose. But that goes for most other companies too. People choose what name & price they like best.

But I mean for a 205/55R16 Barum Polaris 2 for $90 installed and balanced and a 205/55R16 Semperit Sport Grip for $115 installed and balanced is pretty dam good price for what you get for a quality winter tire, even though its not on the top of the list.

Softer the rubber the more it wears out. I personally get the harder rubber for deep snow then the millions of sypes and a super sticky tread meant for ice. That way I have winters for more than a season or 2.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - Scorcher000 - 12-08-2010, 03:40 AM