Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever drove through neighbourhood and got yelled at?
Hey Nik - meford, flo and hardkore have mentioned pretty much what any parent would say - including me - but here's the thing ... where you are relating the term "slow down" or "too fast" as being relative to the speed limit, the parents in the neighbourhood relate it to what's safe for the conditions in the neighbourhood - which has nothing to do with the legal limit.

Narrow streets, number of parked cars, time of day, lighting, number of kids living on the street, major street (kids are more aware) or quiet side street (kids not so aware) sidewalks on both sides or just one ... all of these things factor into what a safe speed is on any given street.

In my neighbourhood I rarely go over 15 km per hour, and even then there have been times when I almost hit a kid running after a ball or being stupid on a bike or skateboard.

My kids are extremely well taught and aware as far as kids go - but I still want drivers to think like I do when in my neighbourhood; it just takes a millisecond to destroy a couple of lives - the kid's and the drivers - because kids will be kids, and no matter who was at fault, the vast majority of drivers will find it difficult to recover from killing a kid.

So cut the guy some slack and think about what is really at stake - it's not about your right to drive the speed limit, it's about the safety of kids.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever drove through neighbourhood and got yelled at? - ZTWsquared - 08-16-2012, 11:01 AM