Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting To Lose Patience With Furd
ondafritz,Jun 8 2005, 06:40 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jun 7 2005, 10:15 PM Wrote:NAFTA is dead, hasn't been around for what, 10 years I think?

And that was only between Can and the States, extended to mexico recently, but not under the original terms of nafta.

There were tariffs in place against foreiners invading our markets, but they faded in the 70's to open us to a worldwide market.

I have no problem with that, just make it a level playing field.
[right][snapback]113271[/snapback][/right]

Well it is a level playing field dude! They import fresh water from Canada and we tell them that they must produce something like 51% or more of the car here. If you looked at the gauges on my V6 Accord and my dad's Odyssey, it's made by Ford (white oval). The alternator on these are made by Delphi aka Delco = GM. Also, if you look at the back of a Lexus or Toyota Keyless entry remote and one from a Chrysler or GM product, surprise; it's made by TRW. MeFord, please think before you speak, it really makes you look ignorant as a Canadian, we are not ignorant people and you almost try to be ignorant for the sake of attention or something. :D

MeFord, you are truly in another dimension :P.
[right][snapback]113291[/snapback][/right]

I believe you think that i am referring to Canada and the US not being on an equal playing field. That is where you are wrong. I am speaking of the tariffs and restrictions imposed on NA automakers when they try to sell their goods in the Japanese market. That is not a level playing field.

Oh, and the 51% was true, until NAFTA died. That was an agreement between Can. and the US. It isn't in place any longer. I know my homework my friend. i work for Ford. As does my wife, father, grandfather, and uncles, cousins.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Messages In This Thread
Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - K_OS - 06-08-2005, 06:12 AM
Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - K_OS - 06-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - K_OS - 06-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - K_OS - 06-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - meford4u - 06-08-2005, 10:05 PM