Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modded Chips (not The Humpty Dumpty Type Either)
mo_focus,Aug 16 2005, 05:37 PM Wrote:Ok, well i have a chip in my glovebox and its been there since last year, When the gas prices started climbing. The most important question you have to ask yourself is why do you need a chip? unless you have done major mods( turbo/supercharger) i dont think its really worth it. Considering you have to put high octane gas once you have got the chip. it becomes very costly.
is it easy to change? yeah sure. pretty easy ( well atleast my superchip) was. take the comp module out and sand off the end and slap on the new one. I know there were how to do's while back here. Do a search and i'm sure you can find it.

You might also want to get a chip if you are planning on removing you speedlimiter. In some cases( me) it didnt work. Limiter stayed. So that was useless, hence why the chip is in my glovebox rather then on the comp module.

Best of luck

Mo
[right][snapback]133143[/snapback][/right]

I don't think that every program you get forces you to run higher octane? it depends on the program you are running I think. Eventually I will get a chip mainly to turn off the emissions.

wanna sell PM me :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending

Messages In This Thread
Modded Chips (not The Humpty Dumpty Type Either) - nass - 08-19-2005, 01:10 AM