Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Is #4 For First Time In Canada
darkpuppet,Oct 5 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:
CanadaSVT,Oct 5 2005, 01:39 PM Wrote:And still they can sell all the cars they want in North America, but the Japs let us sell only a small select amount of our cars over in Japan.

When will the federal government wake up?  Let's even the playing field and maybe we will stand a chance.  Soon there won't be a NA auto industry and all of us, meaning everyone in NA, will be f_cked!
[right][snapback]146810[/snapback][/right]

yeah, but what good is having the federal government step in again? It's only going to delay the innevitability. North America is still the largest automotive consumer market out there, and if north american companies made decent cars, people would buy them.

Years and years of the NA automotive industry turning a blind eye to the market and relying on the government to constantly bail them out is going to bite them in the ass.

It's like a lot of things in the manufacturing sector, we want it cheaper, but aren't willing to make it for cheap. So someone else has to make it cheap so we'll buy it.
[right][snapback]146848[/snapback][/right]

I understand your point Steve, but what he is referring to is the fact it's not a fair game. If the Asian market allowed significant numbers without tariffs of NA automakers into their countries, we would do very well overseas. Especially in the truck market (Have you seen the Honda , I am not going to call it a truck, POS?)

This has long been a thorn in any autoworkers side that the automotive world is not a fair world. But then again, when is life fair. All were asking is for a fair playing field. Open up the worldwide market to all and see how much better we all do.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Messages In This Thread
Ford Is #4 For First Time In Canada - K_OS - 09-03-2005, 02:16 AM
Ford Is #4 For First Time In Canada - meford4u - 10-06-2005, 06:33 AM