Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Pics Of The House Being Built...
dBlast,Apr 4 2006, 03:10 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Apr 4 2006, 01:23 PM Wrote:I'm not worried at all, from what Ive read and heard from the others he seems to be a great builder.  When we were shopping around, most realestate agents were telling us to stay away form certain builders and to go with others....

CH Clement always came up as one of the more reputable builders.  No worries here.  :D

I agree though, Id rather be able to go into the house and check it out, but they were very clear from the getgo with this contract.  No sign, no build.
[right][snapback]178993[/snapback][/right]

It's not like you will not see the house until they hand over the keys. They just want you to see the house during the pre-delivery inspection where all of the shortcomings can be summarized at one time.

If they had homeowners walking their houses every day they would be up to their eyeballs in complaints. You wouldn't believe the flurry of activity that occurs just before the PDI to try to complete the house.

Also for insurance purposes they do not want your average joe walking through their building site without safety boots and hard hats. Heck, most builders will not allow sub-contractors or workers on their site without the proper safety gear and proper Workers' Compensation coverage.
[right][snapback]179015[/snapback][/right]

Bingo. This is now a standard in your contract with the builder. I got it with my house too. But Nate, don't think it can't be violated. You can go on site and inside the house. Now is a good time to go in and take some pictures of everything. Why? Because you may want to do renovations to it some 10+years down the road and might think,,,hmmmm, can I remove that wall?
Go in on a weekend. But bring a hard hat and safety shoes and make it look like your one of the contractors subbing out a job.
I have every intention of going into my new house weekly and noting issues.
One other thing. You may ask to be present when the inspections are done (heating, electrical, plumbing and structure) If your there, you can ask questions from the building inspector as to what issues he is bringing up, if any, and if he doesn't pass your house for inspection, ask why.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Messages In This Thread
1st Pics Of The House Being Built... - meford4u - 04-05-2006, 08:29 AM