Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Pics Of The House Being Built...
I signed a contract with the builder saying that im not allowed on the property. I dont really want to piss them off, but I really wouldnt mind checking out their work. Retarded....yes....Youd think spending this kind of cheese, theyd let you take a look. :rolleyes: I've talked to the neighboors though and all seem very happy with this builders work. Out of the 3 I talked to, none were late in taking posession :D and all had good things to say about the quality.

My freinds are doing the insulation, theyre actually contractors for this builder, so I know the boys will do a good job with that.

It may look like I'll need to hit the driveway on an angle to prevent the FMIC from scrapping. :blink:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Apr 4 2006, 12:26 PM Wrote:I signed a contract with the builder saying that im not allowed on the property.
[right][snapback]178976[/snapback][/right]

:blink: :blink:

Are you kidding???? So how are you supposed to know that everything is being done correctly?? Take his word for it?

Anyone who won't show his work has something to hide.

I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Euro Ford Fan,Apr 4 2006, 01:42 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Apr 4 2006, 12:26 PM Wrote:I signed a contract with the builder saying that im not allowed on the property.

:blink: :blink:

Are you kidding???? So how are you supposed to know that everything is being done correctly?? Take his word for it?

Anyone who won't show his work has something to hide.
[right][snapback]178978[/snapback][/right]

All builders in my area will make you sign this contract. Im sure its the same elsewhere. Everybody I've talked to that has had a hous ebuilt for them, had to sign something along these lines.

3 days before I take possesion I can hire my own house inspector to come and take a look, but thats about it. After that, I have to use the new home warranty to claim anything.
Who is your builder?

I can ask our salesman out in the Ottawa area about your builder.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
C.H. Clement
Flofocus,Apr 4 2006, 12:26 PM Wrote:I signed a contract with the builder saying that im not allowed on the property.  I dont really want to piss them off, but I really wouldnt mind checking out their work.  Retarded....yes....Youd think spending this kind of cheese, theyd let you take a look.  :rolleyes:  I've talked to the neighboors though and all seem very happy with this builders work.  Out of the 3 I talked to, none were late in taking posession  :D  and all had good things to say about the quality.

My freinds are doing the insulation, theyre actually contractors for this builder, so I know the boys will do a good job with that.

It may look like I'll need to hit the driveway on an angle to prevent the FMIC from scrapping.  :blink:

Just make sure you go slow and have someone watching from outside the car the first time you park it.
I've never heard of that crap before. I know 2 guys personally that have built houses here in North Bay and area, and they've never had to go through that. I've had pictures of each house in many stages of completion, inside and out, front and back. You get the idea.

It's YOUR house, as long as you're observing the same safety precautions as they are they should have no qualms about letting you onto the construction site.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

I'm sorry to say this but what can you see three days before you take possession past cosmetic issues? Everything of any importance is hidden behind the walls. Your house has to pass inspections during construction for structure, pluming, electrical etc why aren't you allowed in at those times?

I know this industry I deal with it every day and most builders are out there to churn these houses out as fast as possible so I can see that it would be in there best interest to keep you out.

Sigh.... I'm sure that everything will be fine, but I would have never signed a contract like that.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
I'm not worried at all, from what Ive read and heard from the others he seems to be a great builder. When we were shopping around, most realestate agents were telling us to stay away form certain builders and to go with others....

CH Clement always came up as one of the more reputable builders. No worries here. :D

I agree though, Id rather be able to go into the house and check it out, but they were very clear from the getgo with this contract. No sign, no build.
What area is it in it looks like a developing subdivison very nice so far a new home is always great
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Apr 4 2006, 02:55 PM Wrote:What area is it in it looks like a developing subdivison very nice so far a new home is always great
[right][snapback]178998[/snapback][/right]

Its in a town about 20 minutes east of Ottawa. Its a new sub division that is being built....All the other lots are done and lived in, this is the last lot they sold....
Flofocus,Apr 4 2006, 01:23 PM Wrote:I'm not worried at all, from what Ive read and heard from the others he seems to be a great builder.  When we were shopping around, most realestate agents were telling us to stay away form certain builders and to go with others....

CH Clement always came up as one of the more reputable builders.  No worries here.  :D

I agree though, Id rather be able to go into the house and check it out, but they were very clear from the getgo with this contract.  No sign, no build.
[right][snapback]178993[/snapback][/right]

It's not like you will not see the house until they hand over the keys. They just want you to see the house during the pre-delivery inspection where all of the shortcomings can be summarized at one time.

If they had homeowners walking their houses every day they would be up to their eyeballs in complaints. You wouldn't believe the flurry of activity that occurs just before the PDI to try to complete the house.

Also for insurance purposes they do not want your average joe walking through their building site without safety boots and hard hats. Heck, most builders will not allow sub-contractors or workers on their site without the proper safety gear and proper Workers' Compensation coverage.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Congrats!!! It looks like it will be a beauty
dBlast,Apr 4 2006, 03:10 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Apr 4 2006, 01:23 PM Wrote:I'm not worried at all, from what Ive read and heard from the others he seems to be a great builder.  When we were shopping around, most realestate agents were telling us to stay away form certain builders and to go with others....

CH Clement always came up as one of the more reputable builders.  No worries here.  :D

I agree though, Id rather be able to go into the house and check it out, but they were very clear from the getgo with this contract.  No sign, no build.
[right][snapback]178993[/snapback][/right]

It's not like you will not see the house until they hand over the keys. They just want you to see the house during the pre-delivery inspection where all of the shortcomings can be summarized at one time.

If they had homeowners walking their houses every day they would be up to their eyeballs in complaints. You wouldn't believe the flurry of activity that occurs just before the PDI to try to complete the house.

Also for insurance purposes they do not want your average joe walking through their building site without safety boots and hard hats. Heck, most builders will not allow sub-contractors or workers on their site without the proper safety gear and proper Workers' Compensation coverage.
[right][snapback]179015[/snapback][/right]

Bingo. This is now a standard in your contract with the builder. I got it with my house too. But Nate, don't think it can't be violated. You can go on site and inside the house. Now is a good time to go in and take some pictures of everything. Why? Because you may want to do renovations to it some 10+years down the road and might think,,,hmmmm, can I remove that wall?
Go in on a weekend. But bring a hard hat and safety shoes and make it look like your one of the contractors subbing out a job.
I have every intention of going into my new house weekly and noting issues.
One other thing. You may ask to be present when the inspections are done (heating, electrical, plumbing and structure) If your there, you can ask questions from the building inspector as to what issues he is bringing up, if any, and if he doesn't pass your house for inspection, ask why.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Not being allowed in is bulls***. If you ask me, it shows they have somthing to hide. You can't see s*** on a PDI, and the new home warranty is the biggest joke of them all. We needed to use them, and they didn't do jack s***.

For me, this issue is a deal breaker.

My brother had a similar problem... he went in and complained about a few things, so they told him not to come back. One of the things he complained about was they put a wall IN THE WRONG f***ING PLACE!

Even if you find issues at the PDI, such a late discovery will delay the closing.
Got a call from my builder, the house is going to be ready a few weeks earlier. I also got to go see the inside of the house with the foreman.

The single garage is a lot bigger than I had though, which is really cool :) :)

These pics were taken about 2 weeks ago. There much more done already. :)

[Image: DSCF2505.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2503.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2504.jpg]
whose the woman in blue?

meford4u,Apr 24 2006, 08:41 AM Wrote:whose the woman in blue?
[right][snapback]183091[/snapback][/right]

That would be the wife.
Flofocus,Apr 24 2006, 08:47 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Apr 24 2006, 08:41 AM Wrote:whose the woman in blue?
[right][snapback]183091[/snapback][/right]

That would be the wife.
[right][snapback]183093[/snapback][/right]
sweeeeeeeeet

More pics please.

I said please.

Flofocus,Apr 4 2006, 01:48 PM Wrote:Im sure its the same elsewhere.  Everybody I've talked to that has had a hous ebuilt for them, had to sign something along these lines.

3 days before I take possesion I can hire my own house inspector to come and take a look, but thats about it.  After that, I have to use the new home warranty to claim anything.
[right][snapback]178980[/snapback][/right]

That's bizarre ... not only did my builder (Mattamy) schedule 2 "official" inspections before completion -- #1 - called "framewalk" to check out things before the drywall goes up, and #2 - 1 week prior to possession (I brought my own inspector, and they were cool) ...

they actually encouraged me to report anything I saw that didn't look right -- and frankly I think I saved them quite a few thousands of dollars by mentioning a few things that I saw -- and I visited there almost daily, with their blessing, during the last 3 months of construction.

If you approach it right ... you shouldn't have any trouble whatsoever with visiting the site ... the construction guys are different then the sales and admin guys ... you might actually save the construction guys (and yourself, of course) a few headaches by speaking up.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *