Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exhaust, what should i..??
if using the pipe extenders, don't forget to rust proof the part of your exhaust you sawzall off. we didn't on the durango and the tip eventually fell off. Looks like ass now lol
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
(07-22-2011, 02:05 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: hey leo, i can possibly lend you a battery powered sawzall as i have a couple, you would just need to buy a blade for a few bucks at CT or HD. you can also extend the exhaust yourself, just get yourself a pipe expander from princess auto, get a chunk of pipe from CT for 10$ and 2 clamps. assuming your going with 2.5" it will be fairly easy to do. CT and PS have up to 2.5" pipe and just expand the ends to slide over what you have already. if you can get the old exhaust off the car and need help doing this job, i can always lend you a hand if you feel like driving and buying me some food for the work as well.

i just purchased stealth pipe from cfm, now i gotta buy pipe expander and pipe from ct. i dont want to put it on white car yet, i wanna get it done when i do turbo install.

how long did it take you to do turbo install?
i am thinking to rent space to use their jack hoist and air compressor. they charge $20 per hour.
(07-22-2011, 04:48 AM)Mystake Wrote: if using the pipe extenders, don't forget to rust proof the part of your exhaust you sawzall off. we didn't on the durango and the tip eventually fell off. Looks like ass now lol

but if i get stainless pipe, it should be okay, no?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Yea you should be fine with stainless... If you have a choice between 409 SS or 304 SS, choose the 304... It'll last longer and MBRP kits are 304 not 409 as well... An easy way to check is a magnet will stick to 409 and won't stick to 304