Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Distance Relationships
go for it. just don't come back crying if it doesn't work :P
ive been through both Toronto and Sask Winters...and sask takes the cake.

ON TOPIC...

i guess you could give it a try, if it doesnt work, its not like she lives in your neighbourhood, and you might get caught in those akward "bump into each-other" moments...

thats my biggest fear, having a bad break up and running into the person later...here in Saskatoon, there is a BIG chance in that...
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Sep 21 2005, 10:39 AM Wrote:ive been through both Toronto and Sask Winters...and sask takes the cake.
[right][snapback]143607[/snapback][/right]

OFF TOPIC:

I agree the winter sucks more in SK, I don't know why anyone would live there.

But, from an automotive standpoint it sucks here more. Commuting here is a huge personal and material (car) risk anytime of year and winter just makes it worse. I've lost track of the number of flaming wrecks I've seen on the QEW over the years. I'm sure everyone here has one or more stories of their own too.

The wear and tear on the vehicles is many times worse as well due to salt, stop and go traffic plus the shear distance people commute too. I mean there are people driving the equivalent of Regina to Saskatoon daily, I used to be one of them.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Sep 21 2005, 11:54 AM Wrote:
FociPhil,Sep 21 2005, 10:39 AM Wrote:ive been through both Toronto and Sask Winters...and sask takes the cake.
[right][snapback]143607[/snapback][/right]

OFF TOPIC:

I agree the winter sucks more in SK, I don't know why anyone would live there.

But, from an automotive standpoint it sucks here more. Commuting here is a huge personal and material (car) risk anytime of year and winter just makes it worse. I've lost track of the number of flaming wrecks I've seen on the QEW over the years. I'm sure everyone here has one or more stories of their own too.

The wear and tear on the vehicles is many times worse as well due to salt, stop and go traffic plus the shear distance people commute too. I mean there are people driving the equivalent of Regina to Saskatoon daily, I used to be one of them.
[right][snapback]143645[/snapback][/right]
last year i was coming home from work on montrose (runs beside the QEW) at midnight and there was a transport in the ditch, on fire on the QEW(on a straight part of the road!). I was going to pull over and help but there were already 8 or 9 vehicles pulled over and cops on the way. The flames were litteraly at least 70-80 feet high. I could feel the heat with the windows down and i was like 60-70+ feet away, it was freaking hot! Then i thought, what if this thing explodes? and i stomped opn the gas and of i was :ph34r:
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
^^ --- I would have parked close to the truck... possibly save a life, get a new car... can you say win-win?

*ahem* back on topic.

feel free to PM me if you'd like this thread split
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

2001ZTS...very valid points.

Plus its not as damp here in the cold, its a dry cold. ANd yes they dont use nearly as much or any salt on the roads.

The only s**t part here about all this, is if 1 person messes up on the road. (circle drive, one highway that goes around the entire city) then the entire city is FUBAR. Where as Toronto to can detour around it.

ON TOPIC

cant you just keep this girl as a fling, and not as a commitied relationship? just a thought...
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Love long distance relationships .....
Just as long as my wife doesn't find out..........lol

Um score one for the canucks its a yankee
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
darkpuppet,Sep 21 2005, 02:03 PM Wrote:^^ --- I would have parked close to the truck... possibly save a life, get a new car... can you say win-win?

*ahem*  back on topic.

feel free to PM me if you'd like this thread split
[right][snapback]143694[/snapback][/right]

doesn't matter, it's in OT so it doesn't really matter, and i expected all the stuff that came about over it lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wireless Long Distance Plans schade 5 1,672 12-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Last Post: schade
  Relationships>> microbunny 10 2,977 07-17-2005, 02:31 AM
Last Post: microbunny