Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp Ordered, Install Date July 6 In Huntsville
Drivesthebeast,Jul 1 2006, 10:55 PM Wrote:WTF is with the cops in Peel region, or other parts of the GTA?  They should just go and eat a D...
[right][snapback]196142[/snapback][/right]

Problem is that too many drivers around here give them the excuse to be all anal.

Friday drove past two riced out Honduhs in Brampton that had a rear ender that looked to have been inspired by a race they had decided to have (A third car, a minivan was also off to the side) <_<

NefCanuck
Even I don't wander in Peel, and we're pretty damn stock looking.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
hey nef is there anyway i could get you to do a stop over in barrie on the way back so i could check mbrp out? :rolleyes:
sssuperfly,Jul 3 2006, 08:00 PM Wrote:hey nef is there anyway i could get you to do a stop over in barrie on the way back so i could check  mbrp out? :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]196268[/snapback][/right]

Depends what time I finish up there and what traffic is like on the way back. Install is scheduled for 1pm so I doubt I'd be in Barrie before 3pm. If you're still interested PM me.

NefCanuck
Just an update to let everyone know that install is a go tommorow. I'm leaving Mississauga at 9AM with a full tank of gas for my 1pm appt. in Huntsville with the shiny, nice sounding thing :D

Only thing I found odd tonight is when I got the address from the MBRP website all mention of Ford Focus catback systems is gone :huh:

Maybe I'm getting the last of the breed as they now are pushing Mustang and Corvette exhaust systems...

NefCanuck
You DO know to enter off Madill Church Road from Hwy 11 North, right? Then you follow Madill Church with an immediate right when you come off of the highway and it runs north, roughly parallel to 11 N.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Watch out for dem Moose on da road, especially from Gravenhurst to Huntsville.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
how much do you want to bet that the trip home will be quicker than the trip up. Its amazing what sound can do to your foot. :lol:
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Agreed /\/\/\/\ :ph34r:
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Getting up to MBRP was plenty easy thanks to my Quest GPS, now if they only would properly mark the building, drove right past the thing 'cause its set back from the road with squat for signage visable from the road its on. Great stress free mid-week drive too.

Made it back safe and sound (and the sound on the way back was pretty sweet :P ) but the install took them three hours to do because somehow it wasn't communicated to the guys fabbing my system that I have an '05 which rearranges things differently from the back of the motor to the twin cats <_<

Funniest part was when the MBRP rep comes up to me and says "We can hack off your cat right?" (First saying they wanted to hack off both cats and then just the 2nd cat)

I'm like "Um,no, I live in Mississauga" the rep then realizes that means Scam Clean (and a $550 fine if the cops catch you sans cats :blink: )

So three hours later they have me bolted together and I now have the stock system sitting in a box in my condo to cannablize for parts later (Or sell if anyone is interested in it '05 with 36K on the stock system)

The MBRP drones a bit at 110km/h but that's what the stereo is for :P but from take off through 80km/h esp if you put your foot in it, the sound is so sweet. Makes me cringe even more at those "fart can" mufflered Hondas and the wretched sound they make :D

Two thumbs up

NefCanuck
(Now to ponder the advantages/disadvantages to a mild drop)
NefCanuck,Jul 6 2006, 08:02 PM Wrote:(Now to ponder the advantages/disadvantages to a mild drop)
[right][snapback]196663[/snapback][/right]
Advantages....

Looks better.
Handling? I didn't notice much difference. I still theink the sedan handls like a waterbed compared to the hatches.

Disadvantages...

youmay have a little more trouble getting in and out of the car (with your limited mobility)
Small wheels look funny (I think your wheels are 17's no?)
The struts in you car will need replacing in a year or two.
ANTHONYD,Jul 6 2006, 07:13 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jul 6 2006, 08:02 PM Wrote:(Now to ponder the advantages/disadvantages to a mild drop)
[right][snapback]196663[/snapback][/right]
Advantages....

Looks better.
Handling? I didn't notice much difference. I still theink the sedan handls like a waterbed compared to the hatches.

Disadvantages...

Small wheels look funny (I think your wheels are 17's no?)
The struts in you car will need replacing in a year or two.
[right][snapback]196664[/snapback][/right]

Heh, I've never driven a hatch remember, all my previous experience has been four door sedans of various sizes (The last one that was in the Focus ballpark was an '85 K Car that was my first car when I got my license... POS that it was, left me stranded more than it ran :angry:)

Not even better handling in the winter? I'm wondering if part of my problem with winter takeoffs was the fact that the stock ride height has a much higher centre of gravity (IE: If mass closer to ground = better traction)

17? Hell no, I'm still running 16's guy (I told you I was a cheap bastich :lol:, I bought 16 rims so I could re-use the rubber :P)

How long will the stock struts last anyways? I mean have the extended Premium warranty now but I think struts is one of the exclusions anyways <_<

NefCanuck
I'm glad to hear your trip went well, Daniel. Close call on the cats, too :o

Ed and the guys are a class act, though. They're always striving to make sure that you're happy, or so I've found.

As for the drop, I'd recommend a kit over "just springs". As Anthony noted, stock dampers won't tolerate more than a minor drop without excessive and accelerated wear. Full kits (springs, struts, shocks and maybe even a bushings set / anti-sway bars) are significantly more than springs alone... but the rewards are worth it.

Not criticizing spring kits, but think of it as a MBRP vs. Crappy Tire bolt-on fartcans. They both work for what they're intended to do. MBRPs are simply... better, in all regards.

Actually, you have a 2005. Duh, no brainer - SVT kit. Everything you need in one package, a .5" drop with really improved handling. Given how well my S2 conversion has performed, I really don't think you could go wrong.

It cost me in the ballpark of $500 to get it installed, but that's the premium of Ford labour over a corner shop. Also, that covered a 4-wheel alignment and taxes. Your cost may vary. I've a feeling I was shown kindness on that bill.

just get the svt setup and your good to go .. a mild drop and performance to go with it

unless the sedan takes a totally different kit than a zx3/5
Below Average Car Club
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 6 2006, 07:52 PM Wrote:I'm glad to hear your trip went well, Daniel. Close call on the cats, too :o

Ed and the guys are a class act, though. They're always striving to make sure that you're happy, or so I've found.

As for the drop, I'd recommend a kit over "just springs". As Anthony noted, stock dampers won't tolerate more than a minor drop without excessive and accelerated wear. Full kits (springs, struts, shocks and maybe even a bushings set / anti-sway bars) are significantly more than springs alone... but the rewards are worth it.

Not criticizing spring kits, but think of it as a MBRP vs. Crappy Tire bolt-on fartcans. They both work for what they're intended to do. MBRPs are simply... better, in all regards.

Actually, you have a 2005. Duh, no brainer - SVT kit. Everything you need in one package, a .5" drop with really improved handling. Given how well my S2 conversion has performed, I really don't think you could go wrong.

It was funny though, as I'm sitting there playing spider solitare on one of the office 'tops I'd brought with me, they would come in to check on me if I needed water or something. Funniest part was when I yawned after I think hour two and the secretary says "Are you alright sir?" I pipe back with "Yep, I'm alive and kicking and she says "Yes, I know, I could hear you yawning" :P

Yeah a kit sounds like a better plan, doing stuff piecemeal always causes problems. Hrm, my dealer is an SVT dealer so I guess I could ask them what it would cost all in for an SVT kit, but I'm not sure the parts manager is gonna be too lenient on the price after the whole saga regarding the radio I bought from that dealer <_<

.5" drop? That sounds like it would be right up my alley (At least people wouldn't be able to jam three fingers between my tire and the wheel arch :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
Do the SVT kit....however. look places other than the dealer.

If not, bring what this guy has on his side table.

[Image: redneck12-thumb.jpg]

You could order it from anywhere you like and just have it installed by the dealer. That's what I did... brought in my own parts and had them install them. Of course, it depends on the dealer and their willingness to not be dicks and actually work with you towards your goals.

Glad to hear that the MBRP install went well, and that you like the sound...Though it drones, it doesn't sound remotely tinney or ricey does it?

For suspension kit....I will always chime in on this one...SHM....all the way...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Jul 7 2006, 09:04 AM Wrote:Glad to hear that the MBRP install went well, and that you like the sound...Though it drones, it doesn't sound remotely tinney or ricey does it?

For suspension kit....I will always chime in on this one...SHM....all the way...
[right][snapback]196725[/snapback][/right]

It only sounds ricly revving at idle past 5k in park (You get the backfire & pop noises that make me laugh at Hondas :lol:)

NefCanuck
Did you ask them at MBRP why their Focus exhausts aren't listed any more on the website?
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mbrp Install Q's reldridge 13 3,530 05-19-2007, 03:38 AM
Last Post: reldridge
  Mbrp Install Question. SmokeBCBuDZ 5 2,087 02-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Last Post: 02_svt_guy