Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want Ford Freestyle Opinions!
My boss is looking at getting a Freestyle. What can you guys tell me about the vehicle besides the specs listed on the website. I'm looking for stuff you wouldn't be able to find unless you're part of a message board. Let me have it guys!
Nice My Wife wants one too. Looking at getting one in the next few weeks.

All the info everyone has would be great.
MAlby7,Jul 13 2006, 08:05 PM Wrote:My boss is looking at getting a Freestyle.  What can you guys tell me about the vehicle besides the specs listed on the website.  I'm looking for stuff you wouldn't be able to find unless you're part of a message board.  Let me have it guys!
[right][snapback]197435[/snapback][/right]

tell your boss to go and rent one from hertz and drive it for a week. that is the best way to try something out. I know Hertz has it bc my uncle rented it while they where here.

I loved the inside of it. Looked really nice and it was well built. didn't ride in it long enough to give you my opinon
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

MAlby7,Jul 13 2006, 03:05 PM Wrote:My boss is looking at getting a Freestyle.  What can you guys tell me about the vehicle besides the specs listed on the website.  I'm looking for stuff you wouldn't be able to find unless you're part of a message board.  Let me have it guys!
[right][snapback]197435[/snapback][/right]

Only real complaints I've heard is that it's slower than dirt with the 3.0L Duratec in it

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 13 2006, 07:35 PM Wrote:Only real complaints I've heard is that it's slower than dirt with the 3.0L Duratec in it[right][snapback]197458[/snapback][/right]
That's on paper only.

My dealer lent me a Limited AWD CVT to take the family to Florida for two weeks Christmas 05, and I was frankly very pleasantly surprised.

We loaded it down with a family of four and all our crap (and even more crap coming back, including a roof top carrier) and I couldn't believe how well it accelerated and held speed on steep hills. The CVT probably had a lot to do with that, but I think a six-speed should be pretty good too.

It was huge inside and much more comfortable than a minivan (for my wide body anyway) and the fuel economy was so much better than the Freestar we took to Florida the year before.

The fit and finish was first rate (it was a first year car, too) and I really grew to like the design of it.

And the AWD system was awesome ... going through the hills of Pennyslvania in a snow storm was absolutely inspiring and that was on all-season tires.

Having driven a Freestyle I would never consider an SUV if I needed AWD capability - and it's a great option for those who think they need a minivan.

IMO anyone considering a cross-over should have Freestyle on their list - and after a two-week, real-world test drive I feel comfortable recommending it.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *