Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outside Focus Keypad
Hey Guy

I got a 2000 Ford Focus and the keypad on the drivers side doesn't work. Any ideas?
I believe it's an RF based transmitter, so it could just need a battery replacement.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Nope its the outside keypad like this one:
Ford Accessories Web Link to Keyless Entry Keypad

Also the lights light up on it at night when I press it. Do I need to add it to my cars security database? And whats the default code for them?
didnt know our cars came with it.

I have never seen it on a focus before
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Yeah, that's the one I meant. I've never actually seen one, but i'm assuming you can pop the cover off and change the battery...

Acid0057,Aug 28 2006, 08:45 PM Wrote:Nope its the outside keypad like this one:
Ford Accessories Web Link to Keyless Entry Keypad

Also the lights light up on it at night when I press it. Do I need to add it to my cars security database? And whats the default code for them?
[right][snapback]204471[/snapback][/right]
'14 Escape 2.0t
In all my years close to this car....

I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE OF THOSE ON A FOCUS. :blink:
I like it! :)
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
yeah I've seen those on Foci before, it's a dealer installed aftermarket install.

but if anything it could be a few things, one water got into it and shorted it out, battery in it died, cables could have corroded, or if they didn't seal the hold on the door right it might have cut the wires.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
ANTHONYD,Aug 29 2006, 06:48 AM Wrote:In all my years close to this car....

I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE OF THOSE ON A FOCUS. :blink:
[right][snapback]204537[/snapback][/right]

I have actually seen this before, as mentioned in the previous post, it's a dealer installed option out of the FORD ACCESSORY brochures.
Ok a couple of things. First off I don't think its the batteries. The pad lights up green at night. And if I did need to change it how would I pop the cover off? Second I don't think its wired, is it? Do I need to add it to my security system, much the same way that I would add a new fob or key to the security system?
Well that's how they are programmed in the first place, yes. Did you do anything that would require the remotes to be reset? I don't think disconnecting the battery would even cut the codes/pairing of keypads in the first place... so I don't know what would cause this problem. If it's obviously got power, there shouldn't be any reason for it to not function correctly.

Honestly, best bet would be to go to the dealer if the well known Focus-forums can't be of any help, cause rarely do we see these installed on any Foci.
'14 Escape 2.0t
Yeah, another vote for go back to the dealer here...

But I really like the idea of that pad, no more fishing around in my pockets for the Key Fob O' Doom Wonder how much it costs all in to add it? :huh:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Aug 29 2006, 07:03 PM Wrote:Yeah, another vote for go back to the dealer here...

But I really like the idea of that pad, no more fishing around in my pockets for the Key Fob O' Doom  Wonder how much it costs all in to add it? :huh:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]204646[/snapback][/right]

Something like just under $300 and that's not including the labour and install charges... saw the little display they had at Colony Ford a few times in their parts dept. area on the counter with frost a few times when we went there.
deadSkip,Aug 29 2006, 07:39 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Aug 29 2006, 07:03 PM Wrote:Yeah, another vote for go back to the dealer here...

But I really like the idea of that pad, no more fishing around in my pockets for the Key Fob O' Doom  Wonder how much it costs all in to add it? :huh:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]204646[/snapback][/right]

Something like just under $300 and that's not including the labour and install charges... saw the little display they had at Colony Ford a few times in their parts dept. area on the counter with frost a few times when we went there.
[right][snapback]204660[/snapback][/right]

$300 + labour/install charges? Yipes that's gonna be $700 all in I'm guessing...

Maybe I should do the smarter thing and get hood props installed with that $, save myself from nearly being guillotined every time I open the #$%$'ing hood <_<

NefCanuck
Well I got the car used and it wasn't working. Then I had a few keys cut and logged into the CLM. I suppose it would have been taken out of the mix then. But since I got the car used I don't know the default code to activate the pad when adding it to the CLM. Is there a general default code for these things? Also the dealership wasn't much help.
Acid0057,Aug 29 2006, 08:33 PM Wrote:Well I got the car used and it wasn't working. Then I had a few keys cut and logged into the CLM. I suppose it would have been taken out of the mix then. But since I got the car used I don't know the default code to activate the pad when adding it to the CLM. Is there a general default code for these things? Also the dealership wasn't much help.
[right][snapback]204667[/snapback][/right]
Try checking in the trunk and see if it is located on either of the supports. That's where we used to put the sticker from the factory.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Near the wheel wells in the trunk? Also what do I do once I find the code?
Acid0057,Aug 29 2006, 10:03 PM Wrote:Near the wheel wells in the trunk? Also what do I do once I find the code?
[right][snapback]204672[/snapback][/right]

It should be on the trunk supports. I assume you have also checked the glove box for the code.
If that doesn't work go to a dealer as they have a code to reset the keypad and give you a new number.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
The Focus keypad (which works with other Fords as well) works basically the same way as your key fob does, and has to be programmed. It's possible that the module has lost the fob code (dead battery), or you are not entering the correct code.

There are no wires, it's just stuck on the door, it has batteries inside.

Quote:Conveniently unlock your vehicle without your key or keyless entry remote. No wiring necessary – programmable, backlit keypad tunes to the same frequency as your transmitter. Long-life battery (lasts 100,000 cycles). Easy no-drill installation. For vehicles equipped with factory remote keyless entry.

I'll try to remember to check when I'm at work to download the programming instructions.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Sounds like it needs to be reset.

Maybe some tard who knows how to re-program the device did it when you weren't around :blink:

:dunno: