Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DRL fog lamp mod for '06-'07
Question 
Just wanted to know how to do the DRL fog lamp mod for the 2006 model, as they have different relays/fuse setup for the fog lamps and drl i believe. I have seen how-tos for pre 2005 models, but they are different for 2006-2007. Please do post a link or instructions on how to go about with this mod.
Thnx!
(07-07-2010, 01:57 PM)arpaul15 Wrote: Just wanted to know how to do the DRL fog lamp mod for the 2006 model, as they have different relays/fuse setup for the fog lamps and drl i believe. I have seen how-tos for pre 2005 models, but they are different for 2006-2007. Please do post a link or instructions on how to go about with this mod.
Thnx!

I don't think you can do it ... IIRC on later Foci they used the same relay for high beams and fog lamps (instead of separate relays as in earlier years) ... unless you can jump the DRL circuit (R12) to a single connector on the High beam/fog light circuit (R5) but I've never heard of anyone doing that.

Why not take your R5 relay out and post up a pic - someone might be able to figure it out.

[Image: 2006FocusUnderhoodFuseDiagram.jpg]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
you can't make the fogs become the DRLs, but you can pull the DRL fuse so that you can just turn on the parking lights, or parking lights and fogs but not the headlamps.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
You can atleast with the MK1 focus my buddy with a Wagon did it some how with SVT fogs.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
(07-08-2010, 01:28 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: You can atleast with the MK1 focus my buddy with a Wagon did it some how with SVT fogs.

Oh yeah ... Mk 1's no problem ... jump the power from the DRL relay to the two points on the fog light relay - voila. But it's easy only because the fogs have their own relay.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
hmm yea...the fogs and high beams are in a single relay...i was looking at the system using a dealership repair manual...and seems like it MIGHTTTT be possible, however itll be complicated. Like i'll have to take individual wires , with fuses in between, and connect each one to the fog lamp/high beam connectors, with the actual relay being outside....
(07-08-2010, 02:05 PM)arpaul15 Wrote: hmm yea...the fogs and high beams are in a single relay...i was looking at the system using a dealership repair manual...and seems like it MIGHTTTT be possible, however itll be complicated. Like i'll have to take individual wires , with fuses in between, and connect each one to the fog lamp/high beam connectors, with the actual relay being outside....

do it up!.. as long as its safe to do
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
(07-09-2010, 01:05 AM)Mystake Wrote:
(07-08-2010, 02:05 PM)arpaul15 Wrote: hmm yea...the fogs and high beams are in a single relay...i was looking at the system using a dealership repair manual...and seems like it MIGHTTTT be possible, however itll be complicated. Like i'll have to take individual wires , with fuses in between, and connect each one to the fog lamp/high beam connectors, with the actual relay being outside....

do it up!.. as long as its safe to do

lol I'm using a fuse in every little piece of wire I'm adding!! Don't wanna risk burning my car down for a lil drl fog lamp lol
if you are willing to do as i say, it can be done but fog switch is not going to work.

disconnect socket goes to bulb and cable tie them away from moving parts.

get 30/40 spst relay
get enough 14~16ga..
connect
-86 to ignition 12v(anything turns on when you turn key)
-85 to chasis ground
-30 to battery 12v, fuse in-inline(15a will be fine)
-87 to each L+R fog light +
-fog light - to ground

again, fog switch is not controlling fiog light anymore..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks dude, looks a lil more than just jumping wires lol. I'll try it out soon mostly or if someone could show me a it done on their car at the massive Monday meet.