Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing The Air Intake Box?
How to you get the intake box off??
Turbo arrived!
you pull on it.. its just like rubber clips that hold it..

of course you need to make sure your maf is unplugged, either maf out of the airbox or untighten the TB clamp before doing so.. but if you have the air box by itself with nothing connected on it, you should be able to pull on it.. you have that pipe under though that you need to pull out too..
ZX3T gone..
BerinG,May 2 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:you pull on it.. its just like rubber clips that hold it..

of course you need to make sure your maf is unplugged, either maf out of the airbox or untighten the TB clamp before doing so.. but if you have the air box by itself with nothing connected on it, you should be able to pull on it.. you have that pipe under though that you need to pull out too..
[right][snapback]105921[/snapback][/right]

Alright, I'll try that....Do someone know how to installed to Bomz Air Intake??
Turbo arrived!
I found pulling mine was a serious bitch... nothing was bolted on, but it was DAMN STIFF. Might want to consider vice grips and some rags to preserve the box for later (as you're yanking) or maybe some foam???

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Just finish installing the intake.

Thx for the help guys,
Turbo arrived!