Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Umm.... Yeah....
laidman,May 12 2005, 06:21 AM Wrote:Wow, if ripping on my car wasn't enough, now that its wrecked you want dibs on what.... :P

Thankyou for all the get well wishes, myself and my Fiance are going to get better, but for the time being she's stilll pretty bruised up, and myself I stilll have a pretty bad burn

I still don't know what's going to hapen with the car yet
[right][snapback]108402[/snapback][/right]

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and the airbag burn will heal, it'll just take time (When I had my crack up in '99 I dunno what hurt worse, the bag burn or the seatbelt burn... that mofo drove me nuts the entire two and a half weeks I was hospitalized :angry: )

NefCanuck
I am glad you guys are ok...

I hope that the car is a write-off....I can speak from my crash last year that my ZTS was within a few hundred dollars of being a write-off but, they fixed it, and I suffered driving that 'fixed' piece of garbage for 6 months after until I finally was able to ditch it.....thank god...

They are never the same after a hit like mine or yours...good luck man...I liked that ride,,,,but, it won't ever be the same, if they fix it...I got my fingers crossed that you'll be in something new and better very soon man...

cheers..
it almost seems like airbags ADD to injury and not prevent them? or maybe you are trading off some burns and bruises instead of something else?

glad to hear you are ok! hope it goes well for you!
LOL Yeah I'm guilty of rippin on your car, I know, but still, I think a lot of things look like s**t... like paparoach's ass for example... I'd still feel bad if it got bashed in... kinda...
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,May 12 2005, 10:53 PM Wrote:LOL Yeah I'm guilty of rippin on your car, I know, but still, I think a lot of things look like s**t... like paparoach's ass for example... I'd still feel bad if it got bashed in... kinda...
[right][snapback]108642[/snapback][/right]

Oh, yeah I understand......VULTURE!!! :P
hmm it's just the front end that was hit on the drivers side ???

If the damage is as simple as that, they will fix your car. I did $5200.00 worth of damage to mine when I hit the snow bank in March of this year. I was totally shocked to see that the boys in the Colony Ford autobody shop ordered everything to fix the car right, including a brand new Xenon Front lip for the bumper. Along with painting and doing minor touch ups to the side skirts.

The car looks and feels more firm in the front and and they didn't cheap out on anything. I'm really greatful to them for the repairs they did too, because earlier in the year my sister smashed off the front lip hitting the snow / ice pile at the end of the drive way resulting in me taking off the orginal lip. as you all recall these photos.

January 2005

[Image: 000_0088.jpg]
[Image: 000_0091.jpg]

May 2005

[Image: 000_0099.jpg]
[Image: 000_0098.jpg]
[Image: 000_0097.jpg]

I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
dude.. i hope you feel better...
actually i was in a accident last year and my airbags blew.. but they didnt write off the car.. cause i wouldnt let them hahah but if its going to get fixed its going to be mega $$$
Life's good... Hockey's better
I got a call yesterday, Estimate for repairs are $9300. So I think its a goner. What I am going to do is buy the car back from them, and part the entire car out. Engine, body panels, interior components, all the bolt-ons, everything!!! So once I get the final word on the car, its on.....
laidman,May 14 2005, 07:31 AM Wrote:I got a call yesterday, Estimate for repairs are $9300.  So I think its a goner.  What I am going to do is buy the car back from them, and part the entire car out.  Engine, body panels, interior components, all the bolt-ons, everything!!!  So once I get the final word on the car, its on.....
[right][snapback]108863[/snapback][/right]

My accident was more than that and they fixed it...and I ripped apart the front suspension...as well as all the cosmetic damage....

Insurance is screwy...all the best dood..
laidman,May 14 2005, 06:31 AM Wrote:I got a call yesterday, Estimate for repairs are $9300.  So I think its a goner.  What I am going to do is buy the car back from them, and part the entire car out.  Engine, body panels, interior components, all the bolt-ons, everything!!!  So once I get the final word on the car, its on.....
[right][snapback]108863[/snapback][/right]

remember me for that rear bumper :D..but shitty to hear you've got to write it off....such a nice car :(
To make things fair, I'd say put all the parts you want to sell on ebay.....let the highest bidder take it....

Everybody gets an equal and fair chance at the parts they want and you make the most cash....
Sucks to hear about your car man. You put alot of time and money into it with the exterior and performance mods. Atleast you guys got out semi ok. Hope you guys are back up to par in no time.

I was wondering though...how did you get burned?
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
ThraxXx,May 14 2005, 02:15 PM Wrote:Sucks to hear about your car man.  You put alot of time and money into it with the exterior and performance mods.  Atleast you guys got out semi ok.  Hope you guys are back up to par in no time. 

[right][snapback]108907[/snapback][/right]
AirBags.. Small explosives allow them to "blow" open and inflate the bag. Tiz why you get burned from the bags.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Phantom,May 14 2005, 04:22 PM Wrote:
ThraxXx,May 14 2005, 02:15 PM Wrote:Sucks to hear about your car man.  You put alot of time and money into it with the exterior and performance mods.  Atleast you guys got out semi ok.  Hope you guys are back up to par in no time. 

AirBags.. Small explosives allow them to "blow" open and inflate the bag. Tiz why you get burned from the bags.
[right][snapback]108908[/snapback][/right]

Small explosives?!?! WTF??

I thought it was from the gases that airbags let out when they go...

Hmm... :o
i thought its the gun powder that ignites to blow the bad open...maybe not
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
microbunny,May 14 2005, 04:20 PM Wrote:
Phantom,May 14 2005, 04:22 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]108908[/snapback][/right]

Small explosives?!?! WTF??

I thought it was from the gases that airbags let out when they go...

Hmm... :o
[right][snapback]108920[/snapback][/right]

I thought it was like a gun powder(explosive charge) or wat have you. But apparentlly it's gases
Quote: The air bag's inflation system reacts sodium azide (NaN3) with potassium nitrate (KNO3) to produce nitrogen gas. Hot blasts of the nitrogen inflate the air bag

Link here http://auto.howstuffworks.com/airbag1.htm
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
what ever it was, hurts. The explosion/airbag still wasn't enough for me to take my hand off the steering wheel. I think thats why I got hurt the way I did.. Most people would have lost there grip and smacked themselves in the head, possiblly knocking themselves out.
laidman,May 15 2005, 09:08 AM Wrote:what ever it was, hurts.  The explosion/airbag still wasn't enough for me to take my hand off the steering wheel.  I think thats why I got hurt the way I did..  Most people would have lost there grip and smacked themselves in the head, possiblly knocking themselves out.
[right][snapback]109010[/snapback][/right]

My buddy got his wrists broken by not letting go of the wheel by the airbags blowing...he swore he had control the whole time... :rolleyes:
i dont even want to know whats going to happen to you insurance.... good luck dude
Life's good... Hockey's better
hardk0re,May 14 2005, 12:29 PM Wrote:To make things fair, I'd say put all the parts you want to sell on ebay.....let the highest bidder take it....

Everybody gets an equal and fair chance at the parts they want and you make the most cash....
[right][snapback]108887[/snapback][/right]

I dunno, if there are people here that aren't going to cheap him out, why not sell them to the people he knows?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)