Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inside Door Handle Trim Removal..
The plastic thats around the inside door handle to open the door has 1 screw in middle. I removed it and got it almost off, it looks stuck at where the switch is for the auto locks. Is there something im missing to remove it, also.. is the switch hard wired right in.. or is there male/female conectors?

Anyone have any info would be great.. Wish i had a picture.

Also, on the actually door handle, there is a small piece of trim in the middle, i can pop out 2 clips.. but its still stuck, and i dont want to break it.. how many clips am i looking for?

thanks!
TYC Chrome Altezza Tails / Green Streetglow Interior Neon / Clear side markers /Hella Headlights
Actually, you can push that switch from the inside out. The cord should be long enough for good slack. Then what you have to do is disconnect the plug from the cable. on the plug there is a little slot clip, you might need a standard flathead screwdriver to help you get it off.

There should be 3 clips in the trim piece around the door opening latch.

As for the trim peice, there should be 3 clips as well, one on the top, one on the side and one near the door hinges. Basically you have to pry it from the bottom and it should pop out.

I'll see if I can whip up some pics.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 13 2005, 07:36 PM Wrote:Actually, you can push that switch from the inside out.  The cord should be long enough for good slack.  Then what you have to do is disconnect the plug from the cable.  on the plug there is a little slot clip, you might need a standard flathead screwdriver to help you get it off.

As for the trim peice, there should be 3 clips as well, one on the top, one on the side and one near the door hinges.  Basically you have to pry it from the bottom and it should pop out.

[right][snapback]121968[/snapback][/right]

Pics would be awsome thanks. The trim piece has 2 clips on top, i know that for sure.
TYC Chrome Altezza Tails / Green Streetglow Interior Neon / Clear side markers /Hella Headlights
JRC ZX3 2003,Jul 13 2005, 07:39 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 13 2005, 07:36 PM Wrote:Actually, you can push that switch from the inside out.  The cord should be long enough for good slack.  Then what you have to do is disconnect the plug from the cable.  on the plug there is a little slot clip, you might need a standard flathead screwdriver to help you get it off.

As for the trim peice, there should be 3 clips as well, one on the top, one on the side and one near the door hinges.  Basically you have to pry it from the bottom and it should pop out.

Pics would be awsome thanks. The trim piece has 2 clips on top, i know that for sure.
[right][snapback]121969[/snapback][/right]

This should help big time. c/o focusfanatics.com

Door Trim Removal

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin

Door Trim Removal

This one too for the rear speakers:

Rear Speakers in ZX3

Oscar The Grouch,Jul 13 2005, 08:21 PM Wrote:

Door Trim Removal

Rear Speakers in ZX3
[right][snapback]121990[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the link. That shows me how to solve 1 problem, it looks to me that the piece that has the power locks in it.. should just pop out.. im still wondering where i have to pry.. ill have to take another look at it tommorow.
JRC ZX3 2003,Jul 13 2005, 09:01 PM Wrote:

Door Trim Removal

Rear Speakers in ZX3

Thanks for the link. That shows me how to solve 1 problem, it looks to me that the piece that has the power locks in it.. should just pop out.. im still wondering where i have to pry.. ill have to take another look at it tommorow.
[right][snapback]122003[/snapback][/right]

If you have probs, lemme know. I'll be heading to T.O. this weekend and can give ya a hand if ya need one.

Oscar The Grouch,Jul 14 2005, 07:50 AM Wrote:
JRC ZX3 2003,Jul 13 2005, 09:01 PM Wrote:

Door Trim Removal

Rear Speakers in ZX3

[right][snapback]122003[/snapback][/right]

If you have probs, lemme know. I'll be heading to T.O. this weekend and can give ya a hand if ya need one.
[right][snapback]122077[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the offer. I got 1 of the 2 done. I just vinyl wraped them for now. Until i decide to actually paint. Still doesnt look 1/2 bad at the moment.
awesome. :D

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chrome Door Handle Covers Jaspher 3 1,471 05-16-2005, 05:06 AM
Last Post: Black_ZTS