Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games We Play On The Roads.
What i hate is when you speed like say, 130-140km/h and someone always rides your ass. Soon as you slow down, they slow down and stay right behind you. Guess they expect for you to get the ticket while they get away scott free. This happened to me so many times while travelling through Quebec and Southern Ontario.

Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
^^Happens everytime I go to Toronto via 401
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
when im on a residential street, i stick to the speed limits, there is no such thing as pass on the left on residential streets, this only applies to highways. so im going 40 in a school zone, i aint gonna speed up especially near a school zone to let some jerkass get to work faster, he should be leaving earlier instead
My other ride is your Mom
what I hate personally is the fact we have a school zone right near my house, I ALWAYS do the 40 km posted limit as I know there are a lot of little kids, and a few disabbled children going to that school. I hate being the only car tailgated going the posted limit thru there as last year, the limit before the school opened was 50 kms.

in Sept, I did the brake flash to one guy in a Toyota Camery and he continued to ride my ass so I slammed hard on the brakes infront of the school causing him to make the hard brake noise. I speed to the limit again and he was inches off my bumper, Fortuneatly there was a cop to witness him doing this and the dude and I got pulled over I told the cop what happened and he got charged for wreakless driving, tailgating and and failing to drive with due care in a Community Zone.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
You're lucky YOU didn't get nailed for reckless either. Just because there was a cop nearby doesn't mean you get to play Deputy Traffic Cop.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 23 2005, 04:51 PM Wrote:You're lucky YOU didn't get nailed for reckless either. Just because there was a cop nearby doesn't mean you get to play Deputy Traffic Cop.
[right][snapback]157331[/snapback][/right]

just because he breaked doesnt mean hes careless, what if he thoght some kid was about to run across the road... or looked like he was going to, he needs to react fast, and thats what he did its the driver behind you who is responsable for making sure to stop safely, so leaving more space infront is what he should have done., i would do the same teach those tail gaiter assholes a lesson....
Slamming on your brakes teach all of us a lesson -- when it comes time to pay for our insurance.

Fucknuts that like to tailgate and those fucknuts that feel it's their job to "teach them a lesson" is the reason why I pay $1600 a year on the Focus when my other two cars are only $950 and $750

:rolleyes:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Nov 24 2005, 10:41 AM Wrote:Slamming on your brakes teach all of us a lesson -- when it comes time to pay for our insurance.

Fucknuts that like to tailgate and those fucknuts that feel it's their job to "teach them a lesson" is the reason why I pay $1600 a year on the Focus when my other two cars are only $950 and $750

[right][snapback]157485[/snapback][/right]

AMEN Brother! I want to put some kind of neon sign in my rear window,so when some jack ass tail gates, it lights up giving him the middle finger... And a message that says thanks for raising our insurance rates... its those idiots who need to learn the lesson.
paolo,Nov 24 2005, 12:25 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Nov 24 2005, 10:41 AM Wrote:Slamming on your brakes teach all of us a lesson -- when it comes time to pay for our insurance.

[right][snapback]157485[/snapback][/right]

AMEN Brother! I want to put some kind of neon sign in my rear window,so when some jack ass tail gates, it lights up giving him the middle finger... And a message that says thanks for raising our insurance rates... its those idiots who need to learn the lesson.
[right][snapback]157519[/snapback][/right]

hmm good points from both of you but really I hate to see these idiots running around there knowing they are in a community safety zone with small children all around.

Personally I'd rather wreak my car with an idiot like that then see another child turned into a vegetable or killed because of their stupid actions like going 10 or 15 over the posted 40.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Nov 24 2005, 12:07 PM Wrote:Personally I'd rather wreak my car with an idiot like that then see another child turned into a vegetable or killed because of their stupid actions like going 10 or 15 over the posted 40.
[right][snapback]157533[/snapback][/right]
True, I've got 4 kids myself, but still you can't "make him" run you over. If he swerved to avoid you and ran over the kid he didn't see it wouldn't make you feel any better either.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
we should have a highway blocking... crazikev and friends and i blocked the highway one day, drove 90km/hr 3 wide... we had like 50 cars behind us

there may be a video out soon
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Flofocus,Nov 21 2005, 10:18 AM Wrote:Cuz like Andrew said, leave speeding enforcement up to the police and let fast traffic pass on the left.  The law is there for a reason.  yeah, I hate the douche bag that creeps up on me  at 160km/hr, but I have no right to blocking his way even if he is being an idiot.  Being an idiot yourself wont help the situation at all.

Best thing you can do is get out of his way as safely as possible.  Pissing them off doesnt really help with agressive drivers.  ;)
[right][snapback]156964[/snapback][/right]

he makes a good point cuz if the idiot wants to ride ur ass than let him and when u get a clear chance than move.

perfect example last winter, i wasin teh fast lane doin bout 100 or so cuz there was soem snow on the ground, adn this dink in a Mercedes Benz was so far up my ass that i couldn't see his headlights, so i waited for a hole, and changed lanes. He took off like he had just hit a shot of nitrous and than bout 15 minutes up the road guess what was sitting in the ditch? the Mercedes Benz LOL :D i said to myself " it looks good on ya" and as i drove past him i rolled down my window, honked my horn, smile :D and waved!!! LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: but that's just me and my opinion
yeah its an expirience driving with me when drivers do stupid things.... the other day this dumb idiot was messing up the gateway parking lot entrance trying to leave by driving out the narrow one way entrance on the east side.... we were laughing at him.. so i honked and gave him a thumbs up. then he looked back and i gave him another thumbs up..

I was driving home from visiting my parents on night, down the Deerfoot (for those who know Calgary), saw a big traffic jam up ahead with the flashing arrows and signs merge right for construction. So I go over to the right, waiting patiently in traffic when some chickey in a silver Tib goes flying by in the far right. Ten minutes later, crawling along, I see cops and an ambulance coming up from behind, then as we approach the construction everyone is signalling left and I think WTF I thought the left was closed. As I got to the actual construction I see the Tiburon has rearended a handi-bus and blocked two lanes. The cops and ambulance were for this little lapse in judgement. Everyone had to squeeze between the construction and the accident. She put the front of her car under the handi-bus. Funny how life has a way of evening the scales.
I love when people do that... because I certainly DON'T let them in. If it's far enough back and the person shows good judgement, I let them in.

If it's right at the damned pylons... damn em. They can sit there for being pompous asses.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
another one... this guy was a tool i went to pass a slow moving car (60 in an 80) I had my signal on and this guy in a big 4x4 silverado came blasting by. If i hadn't been looking in my mirror he would have smoked me... i had to swerve back into my lane and hit the brakes cuz i had started to gain speed... so i honked and flipped him off. So after passing the slow car he slows down... idiot and i passed them both... then he guns it chasing me and passes me again! and he's gone... i jumped to 160 to see how fast he was going and he was still gone, so i left him be... Get to a stop sign ahead and he was waiting till i got there... jumped out yelling at me "YO BITCH WHATS UP" flailing his arms up and down... i laughed at him opened my sunroof and flipped him off... he yelled some more as i was accelerating.. he chased after he flashing his lights.. i just maintained a distance and turned off the road and that was that

Anybody who intentionally blocks the highways to pretend to be Mr. Traffic Enforcer, is a damned moron.

Sure, you may think somebody should be driving slower, but you're making the situation WORSE for EVERYBODY else on the road. YOU, are causing a bigger problem than you are solving. It leads to tailgating, road rage, and he'll probably drive even faster when he gets around you cause he's pissed.

It's people like you that will cause our highways to become just like the Americans. Traffic flow is "inverted". Everybody drives the speed limit in the left lane, nose to tail. The middle lane has trucks in going slow, and right lane is the only one that's clear, and you have people zipping up the right lane trying to pass, as the same time as people are merging from the right.

It's a recipie for disaster, and the accident and insurance rates in the US proves it. Not to mention, excessive traffic congestion, because the roads don't work efficiently.

I've been known use the brakes *gently* on tailgaters. But blocking the lane is making the situation worse.

Ontario roads work amazingly well. Let them work, don't damn IT UP FOR EVERYBODY ELSE!!!
P-51,Nov 26 2005, 09: Wrote:Anybody who intentionally blocks the highways to pretend to be Mr. Traffic Enforcer, is a damned moron.

Sure, you may think somebody should be driving slower, but you're making the situation WORSE for EVERYBODY else on the road.  YOU, are causing a bigger problem than you are solving.  It leads to tailgating, road rage, and he'll probably drive even faster when he gets around you cause he's pissed.

It's people like you that will cause our highways to become just like the Americans.  Traffic flow is "inverted".  Everybody drives the speed limit in the left lane, nose to tail. The middle lane has trucks in going slow, and right lane is the only one that's clear, and you have people zipping up the right lane trying to pass, as the same time as people are merging from the right.

It's a recipie for disaster, and the accident and insurance rates in the US proves it.  Not to mention, excessive traffic congestion, because the roads don't work efficiently.

I've been known use the brakes *gently* on tailgaters.  But blocking the lane is making the situation worse.

Ontario roads work amazingly well.  Let them work, don't damn IT UP FOR EVERYBODY ELSE!!!
[right][snapback]157769[/snapback][/right]

For once I agree with P-51.

BTW. Don't brake check anyone. They are idiots and they might brake check you and you might hit them.. Read that as your fault..
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
I'll pass on either side of the highway...I know it's wrong, but I do it anyways. People need to pay more attention to their mirrors, first and foremost. Yeah, maybe there are times where you wanna drive 100mph, but these days, even that speed is tricky because of boneheads that can't judge speed or distance, or they just don't pay attention. I seldom drive to my governor anyways, no need to. I'll usually will drive 120, and that's about it. But if someone moving slower in front of me isn't paying attention or refuses to get out of the way, I'll pass them on the left or the right (only if it's multi-lanes....going on the shoulder is dumbness). I get the most satisfaction out of driving fast in the rain, while people honk at me or flash their highbeams at me as I pass them...I got a suspension, and I got tires that are both upto the task, so why not enjoy that right?

In terms of the cops...I've always had them walk out and point me in....never had to chase me or anything like that, which actually sometimes pissed me off more because they got to add me to their quota, and not make any effort to do so. The police aren't innocent either anyways. I see them put on the cherries to roll through intersections all the time, or go blazing well over the speed limit, running stopsigns to go to a call. Sometimes they can be just as guilty.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Easy boys, we weren't trying to enforce anything, we didn't care who was behind us.... we were just having fun... if you don't like that then tough cookies