Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting My Rims..which Color?
My car is like a redish...amber color and I was thinking maybe white or metal... What do you guys think would be a nice color?
Turbo arrived!
silver...... or black.

sorry I hate coloured wheels to match the car, it doesnt tickle my fancy.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
Silver.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Gunmetal
Yellow :ph34r:
Hypersilver! Cross between silver and gunmetal. The BMW M3 with the 18" deep dish wheels has this colour!
Perhaps GOLD could look nice, but maybe something chrome or polished would suit it better.
I love Gunmetal with a polished lip.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
hardk0re,Jan 10 2006, 09:39 PM Wrote:Perhaps GOLD could look nice, but maybe something chrome or polished would s**t it better.
[right][snapback]164357[/snapback][/right]

Ummm what?.. :lol:
WHITE IS RICE.
White wheels look really really bad.. except sometimes on white cars. Silver is always a safe bet, it goes with anything. Or you could hop on the gunmetal wagon.. everyone either loves them or hates them :P
Why don't you just wait til spring when everyone has their new wheels on and wants to sell their old nice aftermarket rims?
Don't paint em. I've only seen one set of nice painted rims on a Focus. (Malby)

Don't fudge it up.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Gunmetal is my fav... but as posted above, gold with or without a chrome lip is really nice. I've checked out many wheels like that, and would love a set of my own.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
I'd say stay away from a white rim. A gold rim or even a bronze rim would look cool. Personally i'm not a fan of a chrome rim on a focus, too much bling for a cheap car. Silver or gun-metal are always say choices.

If it were me, it would come down to whether i wanted to stand out a lil bit or not. If i didn't go with a gun-metal or silver rim. If you want to be a lil bit different go with something like a bronze or gold rim. Just my 2c.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

meford4u,Jan 10 2006, 11:03 PM Wrote:Why don't you just wait til spring when everyone has their new wheels on and wants to sell their old nice aftermarket rims?
Don't paint em.  I've only seen one set of nice painted rims on a Focus. (Malby)

Don't fudge it up.
[right][snapback]164430[/snapback][/right]

You havent seen mine yet. And Malby's were powdercoated. ;) , plus Eric already has nice aftermarket wheels.

Eric, Go Gunmetal, I'll do it for you. It will look slick on your ride. :)

EDIT: Now that Im thinking about it....Gold could look good to, and its different.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I know Malby's were powdercoated. You do remember that I paint for a living.

I don't need to see your rims in person.

I saw pics of the JAy turbo job.

I can only imagine the paint job.

Have I pissed you off yet?

Check!

If i remember right you've got a 6 or 7 spoke 17's right?

My suggestion is a little crazy but i've seen it done and it looks sick!

here goes... Black(flat) face with the insides of the spokes colour matched, but not a full triangle with the colour match, but more like a V with the point going to the center of the rim
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
meford4u,Jan 11 2006, 01:45 AM Wrote:I know Malby's were powdercoated.  You do remember that I paint for a living.

Check!
[right][snapback]164457[/snapback][/right]

Then you should know the difference between the two if you do it for a living. :P

Jay's turbo setup will slaughter your sons setup anyday. Anyday you want me to prove that to you, just say so.

Check & Zing!

:lol:
Flofocus,Jan 11 2006, 01:18 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 11 2006, 01:45 AM Wrote:I know Malby's were powdercoated.  You do remember that I paint for a living.

Check!
[right][snapback]164457[/snapback][/right]

Then you should know the difference between the two if you do it for a living. :P

Jay's turbo setup will slaughter your sons setup anyday. Anyday you want me to prove that to you, just say so.

Check & Zing!

:lol:
[right][snapback]164462[/snapback][/right]

But he doesn't end up stuck in London with car issues begging members to help him out with his car troubles.

Zing back at you.

Dirty MAF is hardly "Issues".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  painting engine bay, now which color? konafocuswrc 13 4,899 11-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Last Post: adamzx5
  Painting Rims Ignited83 5 2,459 03-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Ignited83
  Painting My Stock Rims KillaCamST 13 4,805 09-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Last Post: GFXjamie
  Painting Rims ThraxXx 12 3,354 08-09-2005, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Painting My Rims dmcisaac 8 2,572 04-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Last Post: PpasSFocus